BX1500 - Rear PTO not working

/ BX1500 - Rear PTO not working #1  

Matt217

Tractor
Kubota BX1500
Hi all,
I have the above mentioned tractor that was given to my wife and I by my father-in-law and have run into an issue. It's got a loader, mower deck, and rear grass catcher. The hour indicator reads 136 hours but I think it's closer to 400 from what is checked off in the owners manual. My father-in-law purchased it used but it looks brand new. I went to mow with it yesterday and noticed that the rear PTO does not engage. The mid PTO functions without any issue. I've tried to engage the rear PTO by itself, and with the mid PTO, but nothing happens. When trying to engage just the rear PTO, absolutely nothing happens. There's no change in sound whatsoever. I'm not sure where to start in terms of troubleshooting so any help is greatly appreciate.
Thanks,
Matt

/ BX1500 - Rear PTO not working #2  
Is this with the grass catcher mounted on or off. Their is a shifter fork on the PTO to select MID, BOTH, or REAR. If the grass catcher is mounted and it is the older one with the 2 right angle drive gear boxes. There is an Allen head type shear bolt on the input shaft and when it shears it is hard to tell if it is rotating. Double check that, if the rear is not working at all then check shifting linkage. If that is not the problem it may be internal, not sure if removing the rear plate would get you any place.

David

/ BX1500 - Rear PTO not working #3  
check your switch under the seat push the button a couple time and it might do it

/ BX1500 - Rear PTO not working #4  
check your switch under the seat push the button a couple time and it might do it

A lever is used to engage not a switch. So seat switch under seat has nothing to do with a hydraulic clutch pack and gear shift fork.

/ BX1500 - Rear PTO not working
Hi David,
This is with the grass catcher mounted on. Thank you for a starting point. I'll have to see what type it is. Hopefully it's just a shear pin or the linkage. I will report back.

Matt