3-Point Hitch BX1500: Using mid mower with rear 3pt scoop mounted

/ BX1500: Using mid mower with rear 3pt scoop mounted #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
Hi, I'd like to keep the BX1500 mid mower and a small rear 3pt scoop mounted at the same time, but I need to somehow keep the scoop from going too low and hitting the ground when I lower the mower. I've tried all the adjustments, and even made a shorter top support out of a 2x4, but nothing seems to work.

Just any ideas on limiting the 'fall' of the scoop when I lower the mower?

Thanks,

Mike

/ BX1500: Using mid mower with rear 3pt scoop mounted #2  
Look on the back of your tractor for some eyelets. There are two eyelets on my BX24 and some of the videos I looked at seem to show eyelets on the back of BX1500s. You should be able to rig something using those. It might be as simple as just shifting your links to the eyelets, or maybe a length of chain from the eyelet to the scoop.

Doug in SW IA

/ BX1500: Using mid mower with rear 3pt scoop mounted
Look on the back of your tractor for some eyelets. There are two eyelets on my BX24 and some of the videos I looked at seem to show eyelets on the back of BX1500s. You should be able to rig something using those. It might be as simple as just shifting your links to the eyelets, or maybe a length of chain from the eyelet to the scoop.

Doug in SW IA

There ARE two giant eyelets there, thank you! Maybe a piece of chain that would be simple, thanks!

Mike

/ BX1500: Using mid mower with rear 3pt scoop mounted #4  
Yes, use the eyelets and a small chain.

I do this on mine, even without any implements when mowing.