BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #51  
Kevin - same hat. Probably the only one they have. Too bad. Guess I'll take another vs nothing.

Funny how such purchase decisions get made or "communicated".

With your rear blower, you could wait if you want for the storm to end, then take care of it. Think I'll pick up some diesel today so I'm ready. Should be a lot of fun, I mean work. :laughing:

Chris,

My wife knew this purchase was coming. Three years ago before I purchased my first house (back when my wife was my g/f) I mulled over the cost of buying a Blue tractor with her. At the end of the conversation I barely talked myself out of buying a SCUT because I was dropping $$$,$$$.$$ on a house.

So this year when I revisited the conversation my wife knew it was coming. She also knows that I generally do what I want.

Yeah, I am sure that my BX is going to do well with this upcoming snow. The sad part is I will not be home to use it. The wife is going to get to ride Jinny this week. I am at work :( I miss playing in the snow.

The important part is the wife is relieved to have Jinny because it is something that she can handle. (Even though she is intimidated by it.)

~Kevin

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #52  
Yeah, Kevin splained it in a PM. I actually misread it for some reason and thought he asked "who was your PO".

And who needs a full tutorial when there's such great videos on the web. :laughing: Actually, I did watch the BXpanded version a few times since I was using his dolly. Any tricks on getting the 3-point on and off? I'll need to get proficient on that maneuver as I do plan to use the 3PH quite a bit.

The 3PH was a bit of a pain to put on the first time, but its a very steep learning curve, and it really is a very straightforward and amazingly versatile piece of equipment. The whole concept of a 3PH is one of the major reasons why tractoring is sooo cool!:thumbsup:

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #53  
CTF, it took me and the delivery guy all our weight to get the ROPS to fold, and one of the pins had to be persuaded to come out with a rubber mallet. I adjusted the tension on the ROPS hinge so it folds easier now, but won't just fall down. Hopefully, the pins get easier to pull over time.

I finally got the ROPS down after some "persuading" with my new dead-blow hammer from Harbor Freight...It took all my muscle to just loosen the bolt...:confused2:

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #54  
Seriously, on the hats, my salesman was off last week when it was delivered so I think I got a bit shorted on the whole delivery process. When I started asking the driver about how to detach the BH, he sort of laughed and said "talk to your salesman." Guess they don't pay him to do delivery walk throughs. I'll be calling my guy probably Monday. Having already had a BX I wasn't looking for much hand holding, but I do want a new hat. :)

now thats sad. My local salesman delivered the kubota himself and spent the afternoon with me going over everything. Removing BH is piece a cake once you do it a few times, but first time can be intimidating. I like the messicks video when they removed the BH on youtube. pretty much straight forward.

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas
I finally got the ROPS down after some "persuading" with my new dead-blow hammer from Harbor Freight...It took all my muscle to just loosen the bolt...:confused2:

CTF (aka "young gun" :thumbsup:), why not loosen the hinge nuts slightly so you can put up or take down your ROPS without that dead-blow hammer? I believe the manual covers adjusting them, but more for the purpose of ensuring they're tight, but it seems the factory already attend to that; probably by the same guy that tightens the tire lug nuts with an air gun :laughing: :laughing: I could have done chin ups on those ROPS with the pins out when it was delivered.

My pins are a little tight and there's no adjustment for those except wear over time.

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #56  
CTF (aka "young gun" :thumbsup:), why not loosen the hinge nuts slightly so you can put up or take down your ROPS without that dead-blow hammer? I believe the manual covers adjusting them, but more for the purpose of ensuring they're tight, but it seems the factory already attend to that; probably by the same guy that tightens the tire lug nuts with an air gun :laughing: :laughing: I could have done chin ups on those ROPS with the pins out when it was delivered.

My pins are a little tight and there's no adjustment for those except wear over time.

I just saw this now...:ashamed:...I did loosen the bolts a little and now it comes down easy now (with a little of that magic stuff with a 40 in it's name...;)) I just had to use the hammer the first time I took the pins out. Thanks for the advice!!! :thumbsup: