BX200 PROBLEM ????

/ BX200 PROBLEM ???? #1  

CLIPPED

JUST PURCHASED A NEW BX22OO , HAS 20 HOURS ON IT NOW . I HAVE BEEN NOTICING A HEAT PROBLEM COMING FROM THE REAR TRANSMISSION ( TOP AREA UNDER THE FUEL TANK AND AROUND THE TOP 3-PT HITCH BARS ) . DOES ANY ONE HAVE THIS HIGH HEAT COMING FROM THIS AREA ? I HAVE NOTICED IT WHEN I MOW FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO . IT GETS HOT ENOUGH THAT YOU CANT PUT YOUR HAND ON THE CASE FOR VERY LONG . THE DEALER IS CHECKING WITH KABOTA . PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY ONE IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM . THIS IS ONE GREAT MACHINE , HAVE BEEN A DEERE OWNER FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS , NO COMPARISON TO WHAT THEY OFFER IN THE SAME SIZE !!
THANKS JIM

/ BX200 PROBLEM ???? #2  
I wouldn't be too concerned there Clipped, Hydro transmissions do run conciderably hotter than conventional gear transmissions just by nature of their design and the amount of fluid that is in constant motion. I have a BX and know the transmission does get quite hot to the touch. 150 degrees would pretty normal after an hours use. Without having temperature gauges to compare actual temps it's hard to make a call since you and I might have a different thresholds of what we concider hot to the touch. For comparison sake try touching the oil pan on your engine after running for awhile. Careful as it will be really hot, If your transmission is hotter than this I would have some reason for concern. Another indication of an overheating hydro transmission is sluggish performance when the unit is hot. This is due to the fluid becoming very thin from the heat and losing efficiency in the transfer of power from pump to drive motor.

/ BX200 PROBLEM ???? #3  
Re: BX2200 PROBLEM ????

CLIPPED,

That doesn't sound unusual. There was a previous discussion about how hot the hydraulic oil should be - rule of thumb was around 100 degrees Fahrenheit above the air temperature for the day.

Click on the link below for more ....

Hydraulic Oil Temp.

Patrick