BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve.

/ BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve. #1  

OrangeBeast

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX22
Ok my BX22 likes to creep/crawl forward when stopped. I am unable to find any posts about this. I know that there is got to be some kind of an adjustment but I am unable to find any information about adjusting the Idle/neutral on the HST.

Simple description of whats happening is that when the pedal returns to the "neutral" position she still likes to slowly move froward. I have check and lubed everything to do with the pedal and nothing is wrong with it. I tried talking to my local service shop but they just want me to bring it in and they will take a look. Frankly I don't trust them.

Please anyone that knows about this and can help me I would much appreciate the assistance. I have tools and mechanically inclined but I have no clue what to look at or where to start.

Thank you in advanced.

/ BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve. #2  
I have not experienced this problem. If I had or were I'd first see if centering the forward/reverse pedal with my foot kept the tractor stopped. If it did then I would start with replacing the spring (if it has one) that brings the pedal back to center.
Also, does it creep backwards if you let off after backing up?

/ BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve. #3  
My BX23 with well over 1300 hours does the same thing though I am able to get it to stop by hitting the reverse end. I am sure the spring or damper rod needs adjusting but doing what I do has taken care of the travel, and has not been a big problem for me yet. It just mite need a good cleaning from the peddle back to the housing. I know I have cleaned a lot of mud and stuff out from under mine and after a good cleaning and lubing everything works so much better again. With the travel problem you will also develop starting problems due to not being in the full neutral and safety switches.

/ BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve.
Thank you,

Sorry but it does not ever creep backward only forward but I have been thinking that maybe my return spring is worn out. I will clean up everything and then give it a good lube job. If anyone has any other Ideas beyond cleaning and new return spring I am open to suggestions. FYI I have 1252h on the clock.

/ BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve. #5  
1252 Hours on the clock? It's probably the clock that is causing it. Try setting the clock back to about 500.......j/k.

Ok I did some poking around and there is nothing wrong with my pedal. It returns to center and has a little play between Fwd and Rev. but still creeps even tho there is this play. I did some looking at parts diag's and I think that my neutral holder link is out of adjustment. Everything is moving around and nothing looks like its sticking or broken or dirty for that fact. I did buy this BX22 used many years ago and its done it from day one for me and its really driving me nuts just as long. I am thinking they may have had messed with something in the linkages and did not properly adjusted it as there are different marks on the part #070!

Thoughts Ideals???

Untitled.jpg

/ BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve. #7  
Ok I did some poking around and there is nothing wrong with my pedal. It returns to center and has a little play between Fwd and Rev. but still creeps even tho there is this play. I did some looking at parts diag's and I think that my neutral holder link is out of adjustment. Everything is moving around and nothing looks like its sticking or broken or dirty for that fact. I did buy this BX22 used many years ago and its done it from day one for me and its really driving me nuts just as long. I am thinking they may have had messed with something in the linkages and did not properly adjusted it as there are different marks on the part #070!

Thoughts Ideals???

View attachment 280417
I have the answer!!!!:thumbsup:
Contact Barlows or your local Kubota, Oops I almost forgot that you don't trust them, so contact Barlows and tell them about your tractor and its problem and ask them to pick it up and bring you a new one.:cool2: You won't have to make any payments until April 2013 at 0$ down and 0% int (instead of $1000 rebate). Borrow all the money and keep the amount they give you for your trade in and buy implements or just spend it on your family.:cool2:
Well, that's what I'd do.:D

/ BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve. #8  
I have a L3800 so I'm not sure if your tractor has the same setup but....on the underside of mine, directly under the seat there are two zerks that affect the HST linkage and they need to be greased periodically. You don't see them during normal greasings because you have to physically crawl under the machine to reach them. Check your manual or take a look.

I have a L3800 so I'm not sure if your tractor has the same setup but....on the underside of mine, directly under the seat there are two zerks that affect the HST linkage and they need to be greased periodically. You don't see them during normal greasings because you have to physically crawl under the machine to reach them. Check your manual or take a look.

Thank you I will take a look be have not ever noticed any zerks in the HST.

No I am not going to buy a new Tractor. maybe in 5 years but not now.

/ BX22 Creeping froward. Need help to solve. #10  
There should be a centering adjustment. As things have worn your adjustment has gone out of spec and needs to be tweeked.