BX22 FEL cracked

/ BX22 FEL cracked
I have a friend who is offering to weld it for me but was looking for a little input as to design. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

/ BX22 FEL cracked
I have a friend who is offering to weld it for me but was looking for a little input as to design. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

/ BX22 FEL cracked #13  
I have almost 500 hours on mine and do a lot of back dragging. I would guess you are back dragging with the wrong part of the bucket. I always tilt the bucket down and drag with the hardend steel lip of the bucket. If you drag with the back of the bucket the steel is not case hardenand you will wear it out.

/ BX22 FEL cracked #14  
I have almost 500 hours on mine and do a lot of back dragging. I would guess you are back dragging with the wrong part of the bucket. I always tilt the bucket down and drag with the hardend steel lip of the bucket. If you drag with the back of the bucket the steel is not case hardenand you will wear it out.

/ BX22 FEL cracked #15  
I think i would just have an experienced welder weld the crack,and see if it happens again.All those plates and stuff will take away from your lift capacity.Backdragging with the front tip does a smoother job any how.I sometimes use the back of the bucket going forward before reversing,but only in soft soils.Just my opinion,hope its an easy fix
ALAN

/ BX22 FEL cracked #16  
I think i would just have an experienced welder weld the crack,and see if it happens again.All those plates and stuff will take away from your lift capacity.Backdragging with the front tip does a smoother job any how.I sometimes use the back of the bucket going forward before reversing,but only in soft soils.Just my opinion,hope its an easy fix
ALAN

/ BX22 FEL cracked #17  
Drill the ends of the crack weld it and grind it smooth is the method I would do at this time.
Any kind of outside doubler would be rather sizeable to keep the bottom of the bucket smooth.

/ BX22 FEL cracked #18  
Drill the ends of the crack weld it and grind it smooth is the method I would do at this time.
Any kind of outside doubler would be rather sizeable to keep the bottom of the bucket smooth.

/ BX22 FEL cracked
I'm not too sure if a weld at the crack will be enough. The bucket is made of one piece of rolled steel at the point where the crack is. It's worn pretty thin there.
I may be overstating when I say backdragging. More of like smoothing loose soil and gravel after I rake it with the 5 foot rake. I really can't see how there would be enough of the area that the crack is at in contact with the ground to wear it like it did.
As far as lift capacity goes right now its Zero so anything would be an improvement. I do understand the concern though.

/ BX22 FEL cracked
I'm not too sure if a weld at the crack will be enough. The bucket is made of one piece of rolled steel at the point where the crack is. It's worn pretty thin there.
I may be overstating when I say backdragging. More of like smoothing loose soil and gravel after I rake it with the 5 foot rake. I really can't see how there would be enough of the area that the crack is at in contact with the ground to wear it like it did.
As far as lift capacity goes right now its Zero so anything would be an improvement. I do understand the concern though.