BX22 +photo

/ BX22 +photo #1  

Crazykansasan

Tractor
Bx2200 June 2001 traded for BX22 March 2002 Bobcat 863
I finally registered. I've been visiting for about 9 months. My old JD 300 finally became too much a hassle after 23yrs ,last summer. I decided I deserved a new tractor. I found this web site on a Saturday night, and after reading everthing I found on the BXs I knew I had to have one. My "local" dealer had one that I tried the next Monday. When he wouldn't deal--take it or leave it--I left. When home and called another dealer about 20mi down the road, 1st dealer was about 5mi from home. Second dealer had Bx2200 & 1800 in stock, needless to say Saturday morning new tractor was in my driveway.
Bought Bx2200, 60MMM, FEL ,5' Boxblade ,Toothbar & Posthole Auger. I have never regeted or had second thoughts about my decision.
When I started to read about the BX22s , I knew I had to check them out . "My" dealer had one on display at the local Home Show. He said they only had two and they were delivered the day before(3/20/02). I was impressed with the machine. Two days later I traded my BX2200 for the BX22 at the dealership ,the one at the show sold to another dealer.
The new tractor was deliver on 3/29/02. I dug a small trench to try the backhoe. Then removed and reattached backhoe just to try it out. Unfortuntlly I've had to work and weather has not been cooperating to do any more with it. It does look good setting in the shop though.
I'm going to try and attach a photo.
Also want to say thanks to all who have shared their opinions and knowledge through this site. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 2-131307-Tractor.jpg
    2-131307-Tractor.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 162
   / BX22 +photo #3  
Welcome to TBN. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

You got a beauty of a BX and I know if I had one I would be setting here./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ BX22 +photo #4  
I've just learned of the BX22 a fw days ago (on this site). It took me a while to be convinced its not a joke /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif . So now my question is, what is the price difference between the BX2200 and the BX22. Also, what kind of a beating do they dish out when you trade one in for a BX22?

/ BX22 +photo #5  
Definitely a great tractor!! The backhoe sure is sweet!

Have Fun!!

mark

/ BX22 +photo #6  
Rogue,

I can't believe that you would take a beating on a BX2200. It astonishes me how much you get for a used Bota round here...and with the demand of the BX, it seems to me that you aren't going to take a bath on it...

The only one I actually saw sell used was in a local trading post mag. Apparently they had to sell it for a divorce. He sold itractor loader, mower for $10,000. It was in the paper one whole day before he had a buyer.

/ BX22 +photo #7  
Hey Rogue, I suggest be happy with what ya got but then that comes from a guy with two Kubotas /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif . I think you could trade but your tractor is very new and the dealer will have to sell your used BX against a new BX which has a lower finnacing rate available. Kubotas low interest rates lately make selling nearly new used tractors diffucult except for those who pay cash, you may have to ride your BX2200 around a while longer before a trade is viable. Hey, maybe you should wait for the new BX2450, it is like a 2410 but with a reverse flow radiator, under seat fuel tank, knob under the seat adjust on 72 inch suspended mower deck, optional model specific backhoe, clutchless operation, full time 4WD with computerized traction and anti-scuff control--yep it's a wonderous machine, all metal, all orange! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Oh, and it has a cup holder too!!!! Is this wishful thinking--maybe and maybe not. J

/ BX22 +photo #8  
The district Kubota rep said the new “secret” BX2450 will be turbocharged and deliver 29hp at 5500 RPM. That's a lot of HP out of a 900cc engine.

/ BX22 +photo #9  
Yeah, I'm dreaming here. A backhoe would be great for a little extra, but I have to be realistic to some degree. Still, I aksed my dealer for a number (just for fun). He did say that my deck would transfer right over.