BX22 Power Steering Hydraulic Hose

/ BX22 Power Steering Hydraulic Hose #1  

bellweather

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX22
I am trying to replace a leaking steering hydraulic hose on my BX22. It's the one that runs to the left side of the transmission and I am having a heck of a time removing it, mainly because it's impossible to get a wrench on the fitting. Plus, I'm not entirely certain where I should be putting the wrench. The attached picture shows the line and fitting (circled in red). I think I can get a wrench around the fitting that screws into the body of the transmission, however there is a large bolt head in the way (indicated with a question mark). I'm not sure what it is...could be a plug? I'm afraid to remove it and damage something? Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• BX 22 hydraulic line.jpg
    BX 22 hydraulic line.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
   / BX22 Power Steering Hydraulic Hose #2  
You need to loosen the nut on the 45 degree fitting that is crimped on the hose.

You can't take the 90 degree elbow like that. That nut on the elbow is just a jam nut and the entire fitting threads into the valve block. They do it that way, so one can clock the fitting exactly right and then tighten the jam nut to lock the fitting and provide the seal as there is an o-ring under it.

This is an example of the elbow:

1701978964147.jpeg

/ BX22 Power Steering Hydraulic Hose
Thank you for the response. I was able to loosen the 45 degree fitting just as you suggested. I first had to loosen the brackets securing the rigid line that was obstructing things just enough to get a wrench on the nut (you can see the metal rigid line in my photo). I think I'm all set now. I extracted the hoses and will get replacements made up for me. Fingers crossed it will all work out.

/ BX22 Power Steering Hydraulic Hose #4  
There is a lot of stuff going on there and, as usual, it's the hardest part to get, the one that fails. Every time.

At least you got some progress done. Thanks for the update.

/ BX22 Power Steering Hydraulic Hose #5  
You need to loosen the nut on the 45 degree fitting that is crimped on the hose.

You can't take the 90 degree elbow like that. That nut on the elbow is just a jam nut and the entire fitting threads into the valve block. They do it that way, so one can clock the fitting exactly right and then tighten the jam nut to lock the fitting and provide the seal as there is an o-ring under it.

This is an example of the elbow:

View attachment 836035
Thank you ptsg. This is one reasonwhy I come to this forum, I learned something new today. I had no idea such fittings existed. Hopefully I will never have to use this knowledge, but it is very good to have.

Doug in SW IA