bx22 tlb

/ bx22 tlb #11  
Mine was level when I bought it, then I warped it as you described digging out a heavy boulder with a corner of the bucket (I learned from that one). I drove it around for a few weeks and it drove me nuts as it would not lay flat on the driveway.

I was able to straighten the bucket (and frame) by digging the other (opposite) corner of the bucket into the base of an old stump and lifting up in a few different curl positions. It now sits perfectly.

/ bx22 tlb #12  
Hoeman00 and all,

<font color=blue>Run the front tire onto a 4x4 on one side
and the bucket should still be level.
It will just raise the front end up 2".</font color=blue>

I believe that should certainly be true, since the frame of the tractor should not be shifted until the front axle reaches the front axle reaches the end of its pivot travel.

That being the case...here is the $64 question:

How can tire pressure on the FRONT have any effect on the level of the loader then?

People here have reported that it does, and that equalling pressure on the front tires of thier tractors, which had a non-level bucket to begin with, corrected the problem and the level was restored!

Suddenly what I accepted as fact does not add up any more! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Anybody have the answer? Can front tire pressure really affect loader bucket level? If so, what actually causes that change to occur?

Very good point, hoeman00!

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ bx22 tlb #13  
I would think that since the loader is frame mounted and the front axle pivots that the front tires would have a lot less impact on bucket level than the rear tires. I think the rear tire height/inflation would have a definate impact on the bucket level.

Just my conclusion/opinion though. No hard data to back it up.

/ bx22 tlb #14  
Mark,

It is entirely possible that your bucket (not loader frame) is bent - at least that's what happened to me. Try measuring from your bucket pivot pins to the floor. See if the measurements are equal. If they are (or close) then your bucket is probably twisted. I straightened mine by pushing against a tree. Worked perfectly.

Good luck,

Peter

/ bx22 tlb
Peter,
I don't think that's the problem. I first noticed it when I had the tractor parked in the shed with the loader extended out the door. As I lowered the bucket to the ground, it needed to travel maybe 2" lower than the level of the floor in the shed. The hydraulic cylinder on the right was fully retracted while the one on the left still had approximately 3/4" of travel remaining. When both cylinders are fully retracted, the whole frame "racks".
The dealer is picking it up today, and has schedualed a Kubota rep to take a look at it. I'll let you know what they say.

/ bx22 tlb
I just got off the phone with the dealer. My loader has two different pistons on it. He told me that the factory makes changes sometimes due to price/ availability. At any rate, I'm relieved to know I didn't cause the damage.

The dealer also replaced a cylinder on the backhoe due to an interior scratch which was causing it to drift. No charge for pick-up and delivery either.