BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it?

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it? #1  

r0GuE

Veteran Member
Tractor
ex-Bota Owner
I posted the other day of a potential move to a neighborhood where all I'd ever need to do is mow. Snowblowing is done by a dedicated walk behind that I have.

I was considering getting a zero turn and selling off the BX, but now I'm thinking of keeping the BX, 60" deck and rear PTO driven bagger, and just selling the FEL (so I don't have to find a place to keep it). Is it feasible to remove the FEL including all of the hydro lines and restore my BX to pre-FEL state? I haven't used my FEL in a few years really and I just don't want to trip over it in the corner of the garage for a decade or two at the new place...

Thoughts? Are there still a lot of folks with BX tractors that can use an LA211?

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it? #2  
You bet, I've got the BX 2230 that is set up for the FEL and at times wish I had a one. But I don't think I'd get my moneys worth out of it, $2100 here. . For the right price I'd get one. I use the snow blower and MMM constantly in season.

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it? #3  
Bet you could find someone.

I bought my first tractor without a FEL; had immediate need to brush hog, and not enough money to buy loader too(did not want finance).

Once I saved up and got a loader, I can not imagine going back! My old Kubota did not have any loader parts on it; aftermarket cost $3100 ten years ago. But it was sure worth every penny. Can't imagine a tractor without on; in fact that kind of "makes it" a tractor...

I can see r0GuE's exception, but generally I would not touch anything but an antique tractor if it did not have a loader...

Last edited:
   / BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it? #4  
As I understand it LA211's are hard to find and there are people that want them.

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it? #5  
I am in western PA and may be interested in the loader. Does the valve on it stay with the loader or the tractor
when the loader is removed? They made a change shortly after they started selling the BX tractors.

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it? #6  
consider other rear attachments that you may want/need going forward, any of them need a good ballast out front? FEL works great for this. of course if you get a good dime for it you could always buy some suitcase weights for the front and still be ahead.

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it?
I am in western PA and may be interested in the loader. Does the valve on it stay with the loader or the tractor
when the loader is removed? They made a change shortly after they started selling the BX tractors.

The valve stays on the loader. The loader has probably 20 hrs on it. Maybe on the highest end 30. Basically one job with some river rock for landscaping and the rest was snow until I got a snowblower. I guess I never really did need it. he he Oh well. It was fun! Definitly agree with RobertN. It does make it a tractor and not a lawn mower. It's just that I need only a lawn mower now, and have less space to keep it.

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it?
As I understand it LA211's are hard to find and there are people that want them.

That's interesting. And Good News! Thanks!!!

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it? #9  
I checked with my dealer last summer. They were still available at that time. According to the dealer, they are only manufactured a few times a year & if there is no inventory you must
wait until they run them again.

/ BX2200 FEL - Feasible to sell it? Remove it? #10  
You might check with your local dealer, ours will take our stuff on consignment, I have seen small loaders for sale there, but not often. I am sure there is a market for them. I have a loader for my BX660 I haven't used in years, but we just keep it in the barn where it doesn't get in the way. We keep the loader on our BX2200.