Oil & Fuel BX2200 Fuel Gage

/ BX2200 Fuel Gage #1  

dannydan3

Silver Member
My fuel gage seems to have a mind of it's own these days. It shows "full" when I fill up the machine, then acts "normally" as I use fuel.
At about a half tank I can see the needle move to empty and back when on slopes as expected, but it has been showing a little under half a tank when it is actually empty.

Anyone else experienced this? I am trying to avoid the dealer other than to pick up my new seat someday, hopefully.

Any thoughts are always welcome, thanks.

/ BX2200 Fuel Gage #2  
My BX2350 has the same issue. Stays on full for 2 hours, goes from 3/4 full to 1/4 in two hours. stays on 1/4 to reserve for 2 hours? Also jumps a lot depending on slope. I suspect very od shapped tank and poor sender location. Still better that putting a stick in the filler neck like the old days.:)
Sorry your having issues with your dealer, a great tractor deserves a great dealer.

/ BX2200 Fuel Gage
Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat with the gage. My dealer is actually great, it's the $$$ that I don't have right now. The new seat should ?? be here sometime soon, everyone says it's great in the seat thread.

Hopefully there's a fix for both of us on the way....

Thanks

/ BX2200 Fuel Gage #4  
I just keep track of the hour meter as I get between 7 to 8 hours out of a tank with average use. Average for me anyway.

/ BX2200 Fuel Gage
May have to resort to the hour meter thing. My dealer said that there were problems with the sending units and a new one will be $24, not too bad. Hope it's not a PITA to install. It would be nice to have an accurate gauge, I guess.
:)

/ BX2200 Fuel Gage #6  
dannydan3 said:
My fuel gage seems to have a mind of it's own these days...

This might be caused by corrosion in the sending unit from the fuel tank.

/ BX2200 Fuel Gage #8  
My 2230 is the same way and has been since day one. I just fill it up after a full day or when the gauge is down to 1/2 or less. It does have a mind of its own.

/ BX2200 Fuel Gage #9  
Count me in this group. I always try to keep the tank almost full. It seems like I am putting at least 2 gallons in every 2 hours when mowing FOT.