BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping???

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #11  
I've never been able to stop the tire spin on one in low range as you stated. I do not know you exact situation but if not far from the dealer and you did or have maintained the filter I would put him in the circle here as you might have problem. The engine and drive train are covered for 3 years.

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #12  
I really think Sandyc hit this one dead on. Our tendency is to press the "accelerator" pedal (HST) harder if we aren't moving. All that does is shift to a higher gear and decrease the torque delivered to the wheels. At full engine RPM you should easily spin tires in low range throughout the first half of the pedal range.

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #13  
<font color="blue"> The HST unit has relief valves for both the forward and backward circuits. These relief valves are completely separate from the system hydraulics relief valve. </font>

This would make sense. I was never aware [never really thought about it I guess] that there would be a relief valve in the hst circuit. Guess I just thought since there is not relief valve with a manual transmission...and stopped thinking at that point.

Are pressure relief valves common in all hst transmission set ups? Or is this just a feature of smaller tractors like the bx?

I know my B2910 will stall if I try to do more than I should. So if there is a PR valve it must be set pretty high. Totally different feeling than when I try to lift a heavy load and the loader pr valve kicks in...

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #14  
I agree with Sandyc and Dabota on this one. My BX2200 is the first Hydro that I have owned and I have a hard time remembering to treat the hydro pedal as a speed control rather than a throttle. My tractor bogs down if I am pushing into a big pile and at the same time push the hydro pedal to the floor. If I leave-up on the pedal the engine RPMs pickup and the wheels start spinning.

John

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #15  
not sure what u mean by HYDRO SLIPPING but on my b2400 the tires will spin if i lose traction or the engine will lug, but never had a problem with the hst

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #16  
Make sure your brakes aren't locked. Sounds dumb but I had the same problem when tring to push my model A into the shed. Was in low range, tires wouldn't spin and motor would bog. was ready to call the dealer when noticed the brake where locked on. (BX 2200)

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #17  
I did not experience any 'slippage' while moving several tons of dirt this past summer with my loader (BX2200).......only wheel spin.

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #18  
We have not done any repairs on the hydro units on these tractors and have easily over 300 of them out working. It was a good point on the hydro petal and using it as a gas petal as I often see that happening with owners.

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping???
After digesting all of the information received I put the tractor to some hard use last weekend and have determined that everything seems ok. I think when I was trying to remove the post from the ground I had the bucket up around 3 to 4 feet and this put and extreme amount of down pressure on the tires giving no chance for tire slippage. I think I started slow with the hydro pedal and when nothing happened I increased the pressure expecting the motor to lug until I could stall it out. This never happened. Instead it started lugging down, got to a point and stayed there. No matter how hard I pressed the pedal the engine rpm niether increased or decreased. As I started to say, last weekend I put it to some work and it no doubt had plenty of power to spin all four tires. I think with the post I had just reached a limitation in the hydro. Thanks for all of your posts! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #20  
Henro

<font color="blue"> Are pressure relief valves common in all hst transmission set ups? Or is this just a feature of smaller tractors like the bx?</font>

Yes all HST units have relief valves as well as check valves in the forward and reverse circuits. Many combine them into one valve per circuit.