BX2200 lost 4WD!

/ BX2200 lost 4WD! #1  

eefox49

I removed the mower deck on my BX2200 today and the shaft to the front axle was hanging loose from the front axle. There was no connection to the transmission. Obviously, something fell off. I don't know how this could have happened, or exactly what fell off. Any ideas or comments (except reminding me how stupid I am)?

/ BX2200 lost 4WD!
I removed the mower deck on my BX2200 today and the shaft to the front axle was hanging loose from the front axle. There was no connection to the transmission. Obviously, something fell off. I don't know how this could have happened, or exactly what fell off. Any ideas or comments (except reminding me how stupid I am)?

/ BX2200 lost 4WD! #3  
I don't have access to my shop manual but it sounds as if a shaft "collar" either broke or pulled away somehow from the transmission??. Try doing a "search" on that topic...hopefully you will be able to find a schematic on the driveshaft to help you out....maybe someone elce out there can help??? Good luck.

/ BX2200 lost 4WD! #4  
I don't have access to my shop manual but it sounds as if a shaft "collar" either broke or pulled away somehow from the transmission??. Try doing a "search" on that topic...hopefully you will be able to find a schematic on the driveshaft to help you out....maybe someone elce out there can help??? Good luck.

/ BX2200 lost 4WD! #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I removed the mower deck on my BX2200 today and the shaft to the front axle was hanging loose from the front axle. There was no connection to the transmission. Obviously, something fell off. I don't know how this could have happened, or exactly what fell off. Any ideas or comments (except reminding me how stupid I am)? )</font>

Well I don't know how this problem would qualify you as stupid, sounds like it could have happened to any one of us. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The workshop manual isn't really helpful in this situation but the parts manual shows pins that look like their function is to hold the shaft in the univeral joint both in the front near the axle and in the rear at the transmission. That would be the first place I looked. Seems like the most likely point of failure.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

/ BX2200 lost 4WD! #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I removed the mower deck on my BX2200 today and the shaft to the front axle was hanging loose from the front axle. There was no connection to the transmission. Obviously, something fell off. I don't know how this could have happened, or exactly what fell off. Any ideas or comments (except reminding me how stupid I am)? )</font>

Well I don't know how this problem would qualify you as stupid, sounds like it could have happened to any one of us. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The workshop manual isn't really helpful in this situation but the parts manual shows pins that look like their function is to hold the shaft in the univeral joint both in the front near the axle and in the rear at the transmission. That would be the first place I looked. Seems like the most likely point of failure.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

/ BX2200 lost 4WD! #7  
I don't know if this can help you but it shows the front wheel propeller shaft of a BX23. If there's a missing part you'll see it by comparing the diagram with what you have at the end of the disconnected shaft you have on your tractor.

Attachments

• 895932-BX23 shaft copy.jpg
    895932-BX23 shaft copy.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,767
   / BX2200 lost 4WD! #8  
I don't know if this can help you but it shows the front wheel propeller shaft of a BX23. If there's a missing part you'll see it by comparing the diagram with what you have at the end of the disconnected shaft you have on your tractor.

/ BX2200 lost 4WD! #9  
Here's something even better. It's a PDF file with part numbers.

Attachments

• 895944-BX23shaft.pdf
    55.3 KB · Views: 556
   / BX2200 lost 4WD! #10  
Here's something even better. It's a PDF file with part numbers.