BX2200 My First Disapointment!

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #1  

woodstock

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200
You just know its going to happen sooner or later, my BX disapointed me today.
I have a 2 ton 1962 chevy ex-grain truck with a dump box.
I was digging for some gravel on our property hoping to load the truck and dump in at the tractor shop site when I discovered the FEL could not lift high enough to get over the side. I tried finding some place low enough to run the truck into but nothing had a sharp enough drop to be useful.
That B7500 probably could have made the reach.
Now what?

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 (20 hrs) All Kubota FEL,Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
Grey market B7000 w/Tiller (120 hrs)
1984 JD 316 after 687 hrs.

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #2  
I had my L35 and BX delivered by a guy that didn't have ramps, I took my Ford and carved a hole in the ground for the trailer to back into to but up against the dirt. How short are you from reaching? Any possibility of making a little hole just for the tires to go into? Or how about using that super powerful BX loader to make a mound for it to drive up on?

If it is a matter of being to go UP enough but not OUT enough you could fabricate a ramp for the dirt to hit and go into the truck. Also is it possible to take air out of the truck tires and refill them with a compressor? All of this of course depends on how much work you're doing and what work you want to do to get the job done. Where there's a will there's a way!

del

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #3  
What kind of Cheby you got--I have easily loaded dirt into several different pickups with no problems and plenty of lift capacity left. You must have some kinda truck!--is it one of those Bigfoot trucks?--do you have a Rancho type high rider lift kit on it? Hades, my Toyota is like up in orbit and I can get over it's side and my neighbors F250 4WD also. Let's add that to the future wish list for the BX2400--telescoping FEL! J

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #4  
Cut the sides of the truck bed down,haul a little smaller loads.Kinda like the loader on the BX,just a little smaller load.

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #5  
Woodstock,

You could use your loader and available gravel to create a small ramp wide enough to safely drive your BX onto. You could easily load the tall sides of the vehicle without having to cut into the truck. Although cutting the sides does make sense if you need to load the vehicle at multiple locations around your property and don't want to build multiple ramps. If not, I'd say build a ramp, then move the gravel for the ramp to finish your tractor shop project.

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #6  
I might be wrong, but as I recall, the 7500 lift reach is almost identical to the BX2200 according to the brochure.

18-33477-tibbsig2.JPG

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #7  
You might be able to use a couple of car ramps - perhaps with a piece of angle iron welded between them. We're only talking 500 extra lbs at most in the bucket - and the BX weighs less than a car anyway - the ramps should take it easily. You then have a portable solution too.

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment!
Maybe I should make lower sides for the truck?
DSCN1647.jpg

It is like a stake side truck. I could make side that are 1/2 as high.
I'm not to crazy about making a ramp to drive on. I'd like to keep on flat solid surface with the loader at full tilt and a load of soil/gravel.
The hole for the truck might work.
Comments?
PS In case your wondering those are 20 inch widow-maker split rims.

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 (20 hrs) All Kubota FEL,Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
Grey market B7000 w/Tiller (120 hrs)
1984 JD 316 after 687 hrs.

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #9  
Woodstock,

Rather than shorten the side walls on your truck, you could have my truck, 3/4 ton, 66 Fix Or Repair Daily, and I could have your truck. I think it would be easier to add the dump bed to mine than shorten your's.

Nice Truck/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Al

/ BX2200 My First Disapointment! #10  
Wood,After seeing the truck,I would say the bed sides are pretty short now.I'd say building a ramp might be the way to go.BTW,VERY good looking truck for its age.A friend of mine has a 60's model Ford dump truck,about the size of yours.He goes out and picks up 150-200 bucks a day hauling short loads of gravel and black dirt.Says he has paid for that ole truck many,many times over.