Mowing BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!!

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!! #11  
I never could get mine off either... I have one pin that refuses to move.

mark

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!! #12  
mjarrels said:
I never could get mine off either... I have one pin that refuses to move.

mark

I take mine off all the time as I always seem to find a reason to put either the BH or the Rotary Cutter back on and do not want the MMM present with either of these.

Unlike 'Tom H' I do not seperate the shaft before uncoupling the collar. Nor do I bother to turn the scalp wheels, but I do subscribe to the same technique of shoving it out from underneath with my feet while laying on the ground. The hard concrete of the garage allows ample cooperative characteristics for this to work more conveniently than turning the scalp wheels. One will still need to turn the front wheels of the tractor all the way to the right (or left) as I recall.:D

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!!
Gentlemen, thank you for your generous assistance. Now I see how to get that PTO disconnected. I'll work on it this weekend.

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!! #14  
It's just a slip and a click. Keep the coupling lubed and get a little practice.

If you don't get filthy taking the MMM PTO off, you're probably not doing it right :D

Russell in Texas

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!! #16  
icecreamhauler said:
Warning when putting shaft back on make very sure its locked back on. :eek:

I will strongly second that advice! The mid-PTO spins at 2200 RPM. If the coupling isn't positively locked, it is very likely to slide off. And, rotating at 2200 RPM it will take out EVERYTHING under the machine. The mechanic at my dealer has told me horror stories about having to replace entire HST housings due to the PTO shaft not being 101% securely attached. Make sure you hear an audible "click" and yank on that thing HARD to make doublely sure it's on there good. The cramped quarters increase the possibility of not getting in on all the way so be patient and take your time.

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!! #17  
icecreamhauler said:
Warning when putting shaft back on make very sure its locked back on. :eek:
Oh Yeah... Stupid things to do!!!!!
Ask me about that one. I tore a ligament in my bicep while trying to lift one side of the mower deck to lean it against the shed wall.(the wheels started to roll). So my good left arm was in a lot of pain (Left-handed).
Anyways When I got back to deciding to put it back on a week later, I couldn't do much with my left arm so I had to use my right hand to put the collar back on.
Everything was fine the first spin around my 4 acres, but then I hit a bump and the tractor slowed and I heard the mower stop. I turned off the engine and hopped off on the loader control side, catching my pant leg and dumping face first onto the ground. (Neighbor watching, of course).
I right myself and realize there is a huge puddle of some kind of light clear oils all over the mower deck and that the shaft is now laying on top of the mower deck. Now I am worried!!!!

I roll the tractor off the bum and out of the puddle of hydro fluid and look under the tractor. At that point I realized just how **** lucky I was, torn bicep, falling flat on my face and all....
The shaft tore through the hydro fluid filter, almost shearing off the end of the filter. Nothing else was damaged, save some 1/16" deep scratches on the collar housing.
I went to my local stealership (Canns Bilco)and bought 2gallons of hydro and a new filter.
Asked the counter jerk if they had ever had problem with the collars not being connected right and spinning off. He looked at me like I was an idiot and said "we're not stupid enough here to do it wrong".
I left and never went back. I now either go to TSC or the other Kubota Dealer down near Pipersville, PA. or Powerco in Clinton NJ. Much better service and they don't treat you like an idiot (Even if you do something stupid) ;)

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!! #18  
Rixtory,

Try these guys, I was going to Powerco but these guys are great, and I found service to be better. They are off RT46 near Hot Dog Johnny.

S & L Equipment
492 County Route 519
Belvidere, NJ 07823
Phone: (908) 475-8111
Fax: (908) 475-8277
Email: dave@slnj.com

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!!
I got the deck off following the directions from several helpful members. It was easy to get off, only took about 10 minutes. We'll see about getting it back on & aligning that splined shaft later. Thanks again for the invaluable info.

/ BX2200 Need help removing mower deck!!! #20  
rixtory said:
I went to my local stealership (Canns Bilco)and bought 2gallons of hydro and a new filter.
Asked the counter jerk if they had ever had problem with the collars not being connected right and spinning off. He looked at me like I was an idiot and said "we're not stupid enough here to do it wrong".

Canns Bilco is the closest dealer so I used them for the purchase (it was a good deal) and I do buy most Kubota parts there, but I never ask for tech help. That is what this forum is for.

C-B managed to put my rear tires on wrong side out, and totally screwed up the drive bearing assembly on the front hitch for the snowblower. When I first went to mount it I had to dis and reassemble it correctly. A couple of years later my neighbor bought a 2200 from them along with a snowblower. Sure enough they assembled the drive bearings wrong (same as mine). Luckily I saw it and redid it for the neighbor before tragedy struck. He complained to C-B and got a gallon of S-UDT free. I guess I should have piped up as well.

BTW I use WIX engine filters. Cheaper and as good.

paul