Price Check BX2200 price first cut

/ BX2200 price first cut #1  

Tom_Trees

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I've just started - with my schedule and the local dealer's hours, I can only get to one or two this week. But - I just hit my first choice, a long-established family enterprise, and got this as a quote.

BX2200 with 54" MMM
LA211 loader with Grille guard
Woods (I think) RB60 60" rear blade

Total price $13,000 even.

Based on the MSRP numbers he used, about a 12.6% discount.

Not great, but a good starting point.

Fluid filled tires, if I go that route, is $150.

He knows I'm going to check with the other two dealers, so I think he purposefully left himself some wiggle room on the price.

Also, he says I can have choice of turf or ag tires, and if I don't like them after a year, he'll swap even up for the other.

I'll get to the other two this weekend, see where the prices are falling, and then start pushing for a lower price or the same price with a few add-ins (the tire load, block heater, manuals, and 50-hours service come to mind).

Comments?

Tom K

/ BX2200 price first cut #2  
what's the blade worth, 300?
total seems too high

Rogue

/ BX2200 price first cut
It is high, and I don't know how much I can get it to change. I'm not much of a negotiator. The guy that came up with this quote pulled the list prices out of the cataloges (I don't read upside-down as well as I used to, but I didn't have any problem tracking the numbers as they came up). Totaled the price, then played with his calculator a while and quoted 13 even.

The other truly local dealer has his discounts pre-figured and works from a hand-written pricelist. His quote comes to $12,760. But there's no grille guard, and it's the Kubota 48 inch rear blade. Cross-comparing the two, the second dealer is doing 16% off on the tractor/mower and list on the loader and blade.

Based on other indications, I'm going with the first dealer. I'm trying to get the block heater and the 50-hour service wrapped into the $13,000.

As I see it, the problem I'm facing is that neither of these dealers is having any trouble selling these things so they've picked a 12 or 13% discount level and seem to stick with it.

OTOH, this guy has a good service department and a good rep in the area; that's worth a few bucks from my point of view.

Tom K

/ BX2200 price first cut #4  
Have you tried Carver Equipment. Purchased and had shipped a B7500 HSt in the spring. Great people to work with and a bit cheaper (read..alot) than local. Obviously why I took the chance on a long distance dealer.

/ BX2200 price first cut #5  
I took a copy of carver equipment's bx2200 page and told a local dealer either match it or I buy out of state, it took a couple days and a "last chance" to sell me one.....and they matched it the shipping was a wash with the local sales tax...so I would have trusted Carver in a minute to sell me one if local dealer did not....so far a month old 38 hours of hard work...i really should be more gentle on her but the thing wants to work so i let it...front end loader....4' box blade...4' rear blade....60" mid-mount.....them 6' tall weeds in the tree line probably dulled my blades but it went right thru them..and that box blade can pull some dirt in 4 wheel drive......all for 12,500.00 buy from Carver if you cant ge it locally...

/ BX2200 price first cut
Well, a negotiator I ain't . . .

But all three local dealers seem to have their price-points fairly well set.

Final config & price -
BX2200
54 in MMM
FEL
Grille Guard
Woods RB60 rear blade
Loaded rear tires (105 lb each)
Grade 80 grab hooks welded to the bucket (one each end, on top)

$13,000 plus sales tax.

/ BX2200 price first cut #7  
I would recomend Carver Eq. I bought my Bx with 60" MMM, FEL, Block Heater, Grill Guard delivered to West Central IL. for the grand total of 12,700. No sales tax coming out of N.C. Indiana should be at least $100 less in freight.

Great people to deal with!

/ BX2200 price first cut #8  
I have reached the final stages of nego. on a BX2200, FEL, 60"mmm, liquid filled tires and the price I'm getting is $12,990. Doesn't sound like it's far off from what you got through carver unless I'm missing something. So maybe I don't need to look any further, huh?

/ BX2200 price first cut #10  
Yesterday I purchased a new BX2200, FEL, 60"mmm, ag tires, liquid filled...$11,700.

Bob

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by k8ny on 09/09/01 06:02 AM (server time).</FONT></P>