BX2200 Question

/ BX2200 Question #1  

kbullen

Hello all,
I bought a BX2200 (w/ 54" MMM & FEL) this summer. Great tractor. I have a pretty basic question. As part of the purchase, the dealer threw in a block heater, but I have to install it myself. I'm looking for a drain plug for the raditor. I crawled around under the tractor yesterday and couldn't find one. Can someone tell me where to find it?

Thanks

/ BX2200 Question #2  
Look on the lower left hand side on the bottom of the radiator.it is only a plug removed by a screwdriver. (left meaning left side sitting on the seat) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX2200 Question #3  
Don't mean to kill the messenger, but why do you need a block heater? Are the temps that low? I good synthetic will help a lot.

Lastly, they has been a great deal of talk about this issue on this board. Do a search and I am sure you will find something.

/ BX2200 Question #4  
Here is a thread about one TBNer that had some problems installing his block heater. It has information about tools and procedure for install.

Click Here

I was able to install my block heater without draining the block by being prepared to install the heater as soon as I removed the plug on my B2910. Since the thread will tell you about how it is hard to drain a BX without spilling some anti-freeze. I would try to install it without draining but be prepare with a pan to collect any antifreeze if it does spill. Engine should be cold when installing the heater. Do not remove the radiator cap.

If you are storing your tractor inside and the temperatures stays above 10 degrees Fahrenheit you may not need a block heater. Most of today’s compact diesel tractors start easily.

/ BX2200 Question #5  
I also have a BX2200 with the block heater. I don't know what type your dealer gave you. The one that I have gets threaded into the block of the engine. I went to Sears Hardware and bought a 17 mm allen wrench for about $10. Took out a threaded soft plug on the right side of the engine and put the block heater in, added anti-freeze for what was lost and back in business. I used teflon tape on the threads and have not had any leakage at all for just over 3 years. Took about 10 minutes to do, including taking off the engine cowling. Works great. Plug it in for 20 to 25 minutes and just fire it up and go.