Canopy BX2200 Soft Cab Parts

/ BX2200 Soft Cab Parts #1  

Dataway

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
My BX2200 has a Curtis soft cab on it .... the kind with the steel frame, windshield, wiper etc. with Vinyl stretched over the frame. It's a few years old and I'm getting tired of taping up holes. I checked Curtis Cabs parts lookup ... besides being a big ambiguous in their parts naming and diagrams, it also seems to be missing a lot of parts in the diagrams. Anyway ... after checking on some of their parts prices I was wonder if anyone has made their own new soft parts, or had anyone make them (awning shop etc), or found a third parts source? I have a industrial sewing machine and I'm reasonably competent with it, so I could actually so the materials myself ... would just use the old parts as a pattern (after much attempted softening and stretching probably).

I've also heard you can have new pieces made based on the old piece by some canvas awning shops, or boat canvas shops .. who also usually have the new clear plastic (used as "sail windows" on sail boats etc.).

Any guidance, advice, stories etc. appreciated. Not really sure yet if the cost benefit analysis will work out. For example the "rear curtain" ... which is the rear piece, with window that wraps around the corner posts is $150, not horrible ... but kind of a lot for $10 worth of vinyl.

Thanks,
JohnnyB

PS ... BTW, if you do have to tape up holes ... the "Zip" brand tape used for sealing sheathing panels on new construction is absolutely freakin tremendous for this kind of thing. It seems absolutely impervious to temperature, UV, moisture etc. Never seen anything like it ... expensive though, $20 a role. Sticks to ANYTHING ... and don't plan on taking it off, the adhesive residue has proved immune to every chemical I have tried on it, included MEK. Taped up a cracked lid on an outdoor plastic 50ga garbage can .... five years later, sitting outside the entire time ... still there, still working. ... anyway sorry for the tangent :)