BX2200 Transmission

/ BX2200 Transmission #1  

bluecon1

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
Greetings folks. I'm new to this site, as I just stumbled on it two days ago. Been trying to catch up on some of the problems some folks have had with the BX2200. I've had the leaking fuel, air cleaner bracket, sticky pedal, all of which I'm not to concerned with. I service the unit regularly, but I have read some indirect references to how much metal is normal when pulling the screen on the transmission. I went through an oil change last fall, where I was a bit worried on the amount of metal I found on my screen. I've since changed the oil twice, both times the metal was less than the time before, almost nothing last time. I've done a search on the subject, but couldn't find the answers I needed, so I'm hoping someone out there can tell me what is normal. The machine has 530 hours on it, does it's fair share of work. Something tells me "where there is smoke, there is fire", but references on this site say that some metal is quite normal. Thanks folks.

/ BX2200 Transmission #2  
Did my 50 today. Found some small shavings in the screen. All of which is normal per what I've read here and what my dealers says. That is why they put the screen there on the pick-up tube. Your condition sounds normal in my opinion

/ BX2200 Transmission #3  
SCB --as he posted, I got the same results last year when I did my 50 hr service.

Oh, I also have the "pedal of death"