BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor #1  

Westbilly

Bronze Member
Tractor
2410 HST FEL LA352
I am buying a tractor. I have 3 uneven acres that I wish to clear/maintain. The dealer was saying I could use a BX2200. I personally think it is too small. I could go for the B7500 w/ FEL, and R4 tires. I was also wondering what about a 30 HP tractor weighing 3200 pounds and costing roughly $1500 more. Can the Kubota do the work of one of these? The dealer kept saying it would do all I needed it to, and more. Is the B7500 really that strong?
Thanks for any advice.

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor #2  
The B7500 can out work the BX2200 and the 30HP can out work both. There are limits to what you can do with anything. If you're buying new and the dealer has a good reputation I'd take his advice. He could sell you too small and you'd not be happy. He could sell you a tractor that's more than you'll ever need. Sounds like you described in detail to the dealer what you want to do and they generally want to make the customer happy for return business and recommmendations to others.

Bluegrass, Pick It Up!

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor #3  
WHAT CAN"T THE BX HANDLE! I use my BX2200 to bushhog waist high weeds and small saplings. I just finished planting 7' to 8' pines with real heavy root balls-- moved them around with ease with the FEL. I have been cutting down trees and either dragging the trees away whole, or shoving them into piles with the loader. I used a "V" shaped digger I borrowed from a farmer to trench for a 4" drain line. I have a 42" rototiller and I tilled up an acre of my front yard in a few hours. I also mow 4 acres with my BX. What can the B7500 do better? Cut a little faster, move dirt a little faster, drag a little bigger tree without cutting it into pieces, run a little larger tiller, and drain your wallet a lot faster.

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor #4  
I'd take the advice of your dealer since he's got a better idea of the sort of projects you'll need it for than any of us. The BX2200 has less ground clearance than the B7500 which is a minus, but it has a lower center of gravity which is a plus. The best choice depends what you'll be doing with it. I think you'll be amazed at how much work you can get out any of those tractors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a link with pricing info on Kubota B series tractors.

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor #5  
<font color=blue>WHAT CAN"T THE BX HANDLE! </font color=blue>

Idling at low speeds./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

"BX2200 hood rattles like 1 inch hailstones on a tin roof."

Al

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor #6  
So what's the mystery 30hp 3000lb tractor? You can't keep us all in suspense!

Patrick

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor
The one inparticular I was referring to was a Century @3200 pounds for close to $15K. I draw the price line at 12500. I can get the Kubota 7500 for 12700. I just wonder how strong is a 20 HP tractor? I looked at the 20 HP Kioti. Is that tractor as strong?

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor #8  
Relax, I ain't knocking the BX, they are great machines. The B7500 can handle a little bigger and different implements (as in a 3pt) backhoe than the BX. With that in mind that 30hp mystery tractor can do more than the BX and the B7500. I nearly go a BX but the backhoe is a future dream implement.
You mentioned speed on cutting grass and moving dirt and as you know that is also a factor in many decisions.

Bluegrass, Pick It Up!

/ BX2200 vs B7500 vs 30HP 3k lb tractor #9  
I spent three weeks agonizing between the BX and the 7500. These are the issues that swayed me to the 7500 as I was pretty sure that they would both handle what I wanted to do at the moment.

1. I opted for the extra hydro volume as I was not sure I wouldn't want to run something in the future that the BX wouldn't handle as well.

2. I liked the extra ground clearance though they both seem to be the same with the mower installed and in the upright position.

3. Kubota seemed to have to go some to make it all fit in the BX. ie engine in backward, gas tank under the seat, which I thought could make some maintenance more difficult.

4. My main reason was that since they put the gas tank under the seat when you adjusted the seat back it would also get higher. I needed it all the way back and it felt like I was reaching down to the steering wheel. I was worried that this would become tiring after a lot of hours on the machine.

5. Lastly are the little really meaningless things...tachometer, forward opening hood altough I have to put the lack of a cup holder squarely on the BX side plus I think the BX with its garden tractor feel would have made my wife feel more at home. The clutch adds another dimension to operating the 7500.

Also, I'm pretty sure I heard a back hoe was in the works for the BX. Does anyone else remember hearing this? I do remember that when I walked into the dealership my initial feeling was that the 7500 was just right sizewise for what I needed and after using it I was right. The only real thing that kept me coming back to the BX was the price (my wife) who gradually saw things my way (bribe). I also figured that this would probably be the last tractor I would buy and that I might as well get what I wanted. I guess that would also go for opting up to the 30 hp if thats what your gut tells you. Better too much than not enough.

Jeff

B7500hsd, LA302 fel, 60" mmm, Grass catcher