BX2230 AND YORK RAKE

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #11  
Walt...what is a lift arm Jig???....where do you buy them ...does it make it easier to attatch the rake?? I noticed that your rake had a jack attatched to it....did you install that or did it come attatched?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #12  
edbx2230,

I have a BX1500 and bought a Woods Estate Series LRC60 w/ gauge wheels to spread and rake my new lawn. It worked great! I paid $450 for the rake and $100 for the wheels from my dealer.

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #13  
ROSEY:

The lift arm jig is an adapter I fabricated to raise the lift height of some of the larger implements I have aquired. I found a older 5' harley rake sitting by the road a few years ago. The owner sold it to me, but he used it on an older L-series Kubota. My BX 2200 could only lift it 3"-4". I thought that raising the attachment point 6" would equal to 12"+ at the end of the implement, which it will. That extra height allows for loading these on the trailer, without the implement digging into the ground, or the trailer lip.

The adapter is made up of the following items:

1- cat. #1 drawbar
2- weld-on liftarm ends
approx. 4' of square tubing (2"x3") that fits over your draw bar
approx. 1' of 3/8" x 3" flat bar steel
2- 3/8" x3" hitch pins
and a welder, or friend with a welder...

The adapter first mounts on your implement, then you attach the adapter to your 3 point hitch.

The stand that you refer to on the landscape rake comes standard on most Woods equipment. It may not on the estate series for the sub-compacts.

As it's Easter morning, I need to get off the computer. If you are interested, I will post some more pictures of the adapter at the end of the week. I'm on duty the next three dayshifts, which will be full of activity, with 2+" of rain forecast. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Stay Dry:

WALT

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #14  
I had to do something similar to the Kioti 60" rear blade that I bought for my BX - the 3pt would not lift it high enough to carry the blade off the ground. I got some 5" angle iron and made "extenders" that move the lower 3pt mount points down by about 6 inches. Then I redrilled the upper mount 6" down from the factory point. The extenders for the lower mount were bolted up so they can be removed later if needed. This has worked very well for me so far.

Attachments

• 614165-24_reduced.jpg
    614165-24_reduced.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 194
   / BX2230 AND YORK RAKE
Thanks everyone for the helpful info. I found a King Kutter 60 inch at TSC for $399 and went with that. I called three nearby Woods dealers and they quoted me $540 , $552 and $575 for the Woods LRC60 and an additional $230 the for gauge wheels. For what I need the rake for and the amount of time I foresee myself using the rake I could not justify that much money for it. I feel the King Kutter will suit my needs. Thanks again for all the help.

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #17  
Correction: I paid $650 for LRC60 w/ guage wheels. Sorry for any confusion.