BX2230 FEL Pressure

/ BX2230 FEL Pressure #1  

Dave c.

I am trying to get a reading of the hydraulic system pressure on my BX2230.
Should it be measuter after the FEL control valve or before?
Obviously I am not sure were to attach the pressure gauge. There are three hydraulic lines that come up from the Rt. side of the engine shroud, lower by the frame. Would that be an adequate place to take a reading? If so, are two of the lines pressure side & one a return? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ BX2230 FEL Pressure #2  
Follow the small hyd line from your hyd pump to the input on the FEL, and add a tee to install the gage. With the tractor started, this will read the system pressure, if you are using any cylinder/motor. If not using hydraulics, you will not have very much pressure. To test the relief pressure, extend or retract the cylinders to the limits. When the pressure holds steady, that is your relief pressure. You can either leave it installed, or plug the tee. You can also install a male QD on the tee, and a female QD on the gage, for testing. A very useful instrument for trouble shooting the hydraulics.

/ BX2230 FEL Pressure #3  
The easiest way is to hook the gauge to one of the QD's, the operate the joystick to send fluid to that port-the reading on the gauge is the PRV (pressure relief valve) setting.

All you need is the gauge, a QD nipple, and a short length of hose.

Attachments

• DSC04084.JPG
    DSC04084.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 76
   / BX2230 FEL Pressure #4  
Very simple measurement. Remove one of the FEL couplings and install gauge in it's place. Move joystick to send pressure to gauge and read. When done, shut off engine and exercise the joystick to remove pressure before removing gauge.

Attachments

• Img_3402a.jpg
    Img_3402a.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 94