Snow BX2230 plowing snow. Turfs vs. Ags

/ BX2230 plowing snow. Turfs vs. Ags #11  
I have a BX2200 with filled turfs on it and plow with my FEL and a Box Blade on the back. I am on a cement driveway and have not had any issues with traction. If I do start to spin in two wheel then I just engage the front axle and no problem.

/ BX2230 plowing snow. Turfs vs. Ags #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've read about this before but it really isn't answered well. I have turfs on my BX2230. In the winter, will I need to purchase ags to plow snow (with a blade)? Do ags do much better in snow than turfs? Should I get the new ags loaded if I am going that way? Does the BX2230 do a decent job in snow removal. I need some opinions from those of you who use your tractor to plow in winter. Also, are the extra work lights necessary for this job?
Thanks A lot! )</font>
========
I think the first issue you will encounter is a steering one rather than a spinning issue.

/ BX2230 plowing snow. Turfs vs. Ags #13  
Get a set of chains for the rears and you will have as much capability as the tractor provides (weight-wise).
If you want to run bar tires- run them on the front- around $100 for a mounted pair. Front and rear tires are the same size in both bar and turf and have the same rolling circumference, so they can be mixed.
This is what I do, although I use a blower.

/ BX2230 plowing snow. Turfs vs. Ags
I think I will keep using the turfs I already have for plowing. With the ballast box on the back, I think I will do fine in 4wd. I thought about chains but I don't want to mess up the pavement. If needed, I will buy some ags.

/ BX2230 plowing snow. Turfs vs. Ags #15  
I have a BX1500 with turfs and 54" blade. The turfs were OK, but during the NE 2005 Blizzard, I had to plowed in increments. I did experience some slippage then. With that, I changed from turfs (w/ 50# bolt-on tire weights) to AGs (loaded w/ fluid). My traction increased greatly. No slippage at all. Excellent steering capability too, especially when I needed to use the FWD. A new set of AG's (w/ rims) and shipping from tractorsmart.com cost me $375. I put the turfs back on for the summer for mowing.