bx2230 question

/ bx2230 question #1  

dandan

I own a bx2230 with a post hole digger, belly mower, and a loader. How do I lower the belly mower w/out lowering the auger?

/ bx2230 question #2  
Welcome to TBN I may or may not have an answer for you. Their is a knob below the seat on the right side. I believe turnig this knob clockwise will limit the 3 pt movement. I only played with mine for the first time today. I am sure the manual says what its for but mine is not avaliable to me right now. Worst case I have to play with it to tell you but by then you will have done that yourself /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steven

/ bx2230 question #3  
I have a BX2230 and I hate to say it but I don't think it's possible to lower the mower and the 3 pt. stay up. I wanted to mow and leave my box blade attched. Maybe you could chain the implement or 3 pt. to the rops. I thought of something like this but have not tried. If anyone knows please let us know.
stumper

/ bx2230 question #4  
On page 30 of the BX2200 operator's manual, you take the lifting rods and remove then and connect to the Holder Plate. This will hold the 3 pt up and you can raise and lower the MMM while keeping the 3 pt from falling The illustration is titled Three-Point Hitch & Drawbar look in the lower left corner figure 12363A. You would have to block the 3 point up disconnect the lifting roods on both sides and then reconnect to the holder plate at the top near where the top link is located, two holes the pins can connect to. Not easy to do and time consuming, BUT it can be done. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ bx2230 question #5  
That knob is for the speed of the attachment up and down movement, it does not limit it, and it works for the mower also.

/ bx2230 question #6  
That makes sense, never thought it would work the mower too /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I knew I could get the box blade to stop movement with it. Oh well guess I should have read the manual /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ bx2230 question #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How do I lower the belly mower w/out lowering the auger?)</font>

It's not designed to work that way. You can lower the 3PH while having the mower deck locked in the full up position but not the other way around. At least, not without disassembling the 3PH linkage. It would be less work to just remove the PHD when you want to mow.

/ bx2230 question #8  
I agree with the others. The lifting of the MMM is done by 3PH. So you have no choice but to disconnect any rear implement to mow. BX23 manual page 39.

The thing is, it's faster to remove the rear implement than to reverse the lifting rods to connect them to the holder holes.
I never tried that but how are we supposed to reverse the lifting rods when the implement weights about 300, 400 or even 500 lbs? You have to lift it at the right height and support it to reverse the rods. Ooooh that's user friendly! You should remove it... it's safer for your toes. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But as I think about it, it's probably easier with a PHD to reverse the rods. Try it and tell us about it.

/ bx2230 question #9  
i got two pieces of chain with the clevies on both ends. put one end at the holders at the top of the tractor the other at the lower lift arms . this keeps them at the height you want . you can still lift them. to unhook the chains to lower the rear mounted equiptment.

/ bx2230 question #10  
What brand of auger do you have? size? I also have a 22230 and am looking to buy but Kubota we site doesn't have a auger listed..