BX2230 Unable to lower Deck

/ BX2230 Unable to lower Deck #1  

prentp

Tractor
BX2230
I was just going to take the deck off my BX2230 and I am now unable to lower the deck at all. I had the loader on and the hydrualics work just fine for that but the deck and also 3 point hitch will not move from the top position at all. I raised it up and back out of my shed and now it will not lower at all.

I was able to take the deck off, not a fun job when you can't lower it, and looked underneat and found nothing noticeably wrong. Is there something I could have missed or is it time for some warranty work?

/ BX2230 Unable to lower Deck #2  
Is your deck "dial" set on top??
It is black, round, and under the front of your seat.

/ BX2230 Unable to lower Deck #3  
Yep...that's what your problem sounds like to me........check the cutting height knob and make sure that it isn't set to "TOP" ............if it is, the deck won't lower.

/ BX2230 Unable to lower Deck
Cutting height was set to 3 I changed it to 1 with no change. The deck will not budge from the very top position.

/ BX2230 Unable to lower Deck #5  
Check your flow control knob for the 3 pt, it sounds like it may be screwed all the way in, which will not let the arms lower.

/ BX2230 Unable to lower Deck #6  
HarleyScooter said:
Check your flow control knob for the 3 pt, it sounds like it may be screwed all the way in, which will not let the arms lower.
Yup...probably the flow control screwed all the way in. Its under the seat nearer the right side.

/ BX2230 Unable to lower Deck
Flow control knob was the problem. Thanks for all your help.

/ BX2230 Unable to lower Deck #8  
Monday morning quarterback here....adjust your knob to fall at a rate of 1 inch per sec., Raise deck back up to set height to 0.0, don't take the time to turn your anti-scap rollers sideways if on a solid surface, lower deck to the floor, pull your U-joint coupler at this time ( you're under there now, so get it done) take a small crowbar and put under your right side deck while pulling your 'L' pin, pull the pin out and lock in place while lowing the deck, move to the left side and do the same thing, proceed to the front link bracket and place a pad under the front link assembly to catch it when you pull the 'L' pin and pull down on the front lever to release the total assembly. Grease your lever fulcum groove at this time ( because you will forget it when you go back with the deck) Pull the deck out the left side of the tractor. Clean the top off first and grease the five zerks on the pulleys, tensioner and self-balancer ( I'm assuming you have a RCK60B-22X deck). Now, place the deck in the vertical position in a jig or fixture to hold it safely since we didn't turn the ant-scap rollers sideways during the drop. Blade maintenance is up to you, I use a Mag 9000 for a perfect factory edge everytime. Print this off and save it for next time! The operator's manual doesn't cover my tips from experience.