BX2230, w/ 60" mmm Mower Review

/ BX2230, w/ 60" mmm Mower Review #11  
Re: BX2230, w/ 60\" mmm Mower Review

I'd say your cut will improve when you mow when it's drier. Your BX is over 1k lbs heavier than your L130 and wet grass will mash down and not spring back up as quickly. You'll probably notice a better finish a day or so after the mow also. (the tire lines will disappear). I'm very happy with my BX23's finish cut. That power steering coupled w/the HST just can't be beat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The are tiimes when I use my cyclone rake to vaccum up the clippings and it connects to my BX23 via the 3PH. I also had a problem with the hitch dropping too low when I lowered the MMM so I starting useing an old trick I learned back when I ran a bush hog behind my old TE20 and that is a "check chain".
Basically make a loop of chain and loop one end up at where the top link connects to the tractor and the other end around where the weightbox connects to the 3ph. You may have to make some kind of hook to center it at the bottom of the weightbox. Adjust the loop to where the chain will go taught once the weightbox drops down to where you want it to stay. Once taught it won;t drop any further. It won't interfere with the raising or lowering of the MMM or weightbox either.

Good luck
Volfandt

/ BX2230, w/ 60" mmm Mower Review #12  

I'd say your cut will improve when you mow when it's drier. Your BX is over 1k lbs heavier than your L130 and wet grass will mash down and not spring back up as quickly. You'll probably notice a better finish a day or so after the mow also. (the tire lines will disappear). I'm very happy with my BX23's finish cut. That power steering coupled w/the HST just can't be beat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The are tiimes when I use my cyclone rake to vaccum up the clippings and it connects to my BX23 via the 3PH. I also had a problem with the hitch dropping too low when I lowered the MMM so I starting useing an old trick I learned back when I ran a bush hog behind my old TE20 and that is a "check chain".
Basically make a loop of chain and loop one end up at where the top link connects to the tractor and the other end around where the weightbox connects to the 3ph. You may have to make some kind of hook to center it at the bottom of the weightbox. Adjust the loop to where the chain will go taught once the weightbox drops down to where you want it to stay. Once taught it won;t drop any further. It won't interfere with the raising or lowering of the MMM or weightbox either.

Good luck
Volfandt

/ BX2230, w/ 60" mmm Mower Review #13  

Volfandt: I'm interested in how you got your Cyclone Rake to hang off your 3 pt hitch. I have a Cyclone that I ran off my Ariens GT before the Kubota.

I went to their website and don't see any reference to a 3 pt hitch version ( http://www.cyclonerake.com )

Mike

/ BX2230, w/ 60" mmm Mower Review #14  

Volfandt: I'm interested in how you got your Cyclone Rake to hang off your 3 pt hitch. I have a Cyclone that I ran off my Ariens GT before the Kubota.

I went to their website and don't see any reference to a 3 pt hitch version ( http://www.cyclonerake.com )

Mike

/ BX2230, w/ 60" mmm Mower Review #15  

mclair, I did a thread awhile back on what folks use for clippings\leaf pickup and how I chose the CR. Theres picks of how it connects to the BX's 3PH including the checkchain setup I use. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll provide a link.
Link

/ BX2230, w/ 60" mmm Mower Review #16  

mclair, I did a thread awhile back on what folks use for clippings\leaf pickup and how I chose the CR. Theres picks of how it connects to the BX's 3PH including the checkchain setup I use. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll provide a link.
Link

/ BX2230, w/ 60" mmm Mower Review

Thanks for the tip on the 3 pt. hitch. I will check it out tomorrow. It will be very nice to be able to use my ballast box as a tool box when I mow. I often stop while mowing to cut away a limb that has grown into my way, or trim a bush, or dig up a stump I've missed. I also like being able to carry my cable puller and log chain in case I get stuck.

Thanks for the tip on the 3 pt. hitch. I will check it out tomorrow. It will be very nice to be able to use my ballast box as a tool box when I mow. I often stop while mowing to cut away a limb that has grown into my way, or trim a bush, or dig up a stump I've missed. I also like being able to carry my cable puller and log chain in case I get stuck.

I agree that the mow will be better when the ground and lawn are dry. Also, this is the first cut of the year, and I let it go because it kept raining. In fact, it had rained a little bit yesterday afternoon, so the lawn was definitely not in optimal condition. Finally, the lawn itself is pretty rough, with lots of rolls, little dips and hills, and widely varying kinds of turf (fescues, bluegrass, weeds, etc.). The next time I mow it will be more dry, and I'll be starting with shorter grass, less to bend.

I agree that the mow will be better when the ground and lawn are dry. Also, this is the first cut of the year, and I let it go because it kept raining. In fact, it had rained a little bit yesterday afternoon, so the lawn was definitely not in optimal condition. Finally, the lawn itself is pretty rough, with lots of rolls, little dips and hills, and widely varying kinds of turf (fescues, bluegrass, weeds, etc.). The next time I mow it will be more dry, and I'll be starting with shorter grass, less to bend.