/ BX23 and rear mower #1  

JWKnopp

Tractor
BX23
I let the dealer talk me into a rough cut
Landspride rear deck. Now after wrestling
with the 3 pt hitch for 30+ minutes on several
occassions, I'm beginning to think the Landspride
is too big for the smaller BX23 3pt hitch.

It is extremely difficult to get the hitch links
wide enough to accept the deck and to get it hitched
evenly would be a miracle.

Any thoughts?

/ BX23 and rear mower #2  
What size deck do you have or better yet what model landpride? Have you tried mounting the attachment pins inward on the cutter so you do not have to spread the BX links as far apart? Maybe Pat's quick hitch would be helpful in your case.

/ BX23 and rear mower #3  
Pats would help you out! I have them, had the same problem with my 48" KK tiller, put on the Pats, now it is backup, tilt tiller down, raise 3pt, and almost done! In other words much easier to do.

/ BX23 and rear mower #4  
If you're writing about a rotary cutter...yep, they can be a bear to hook up.

Unlike a rear finishing mower, the cutter has only a tail wheel or two. This requires you back up almost perfectly to the lower link pins.

Pat's Easy Change does reduce the work dramatically but there still can be some hassles. Also, using Pat's may require a longer PTO shaft.

Some guys here have used casters clamped on the forward end of the side skirts. That would work great if you're on pavement.

I think you'd find rigging a rotary cutter to a 3PH would be a bit of a hassle on any tractor unless you've got Deere's I-Match (never used one, so I don't know if they work as advertised).

/ BX23 and rear mower
The width is 48", model 1548. I tried placing the pins facing in and still had the same difficulty.

/ BX23 and rear mower #6  
Sometimes, at least the first time for each new implement, it is best to loosen or even remove the turnbuckle sway bars connected to the bottom links. I replaced the cotter pins that hold the clevis pins with hair pins to make complete removal of the sway bars quick. I have them st now, after 200+ hrs to a happy medium so connection to all my implements is possible but every now and then if I get something cockeyed, I'll just disconnect one or both of the sway bars to get hooked up. Let us know if that helps so we can keep trying to find an answer for you.