Backhoe BX23 back hoe removal

/ BX23 back hoe removal #1  

snowbandit

Tractor
Kubota BX23
Hello,

I purchased a used BX23 with around 950 hours on it. I have used it a good deal to pull stumps and dig foots for a shed. I have been trying to remove the backhoe and the unit will not come off. I follow the instructions and the top mounts will not release. I believe they are rusted or something. I managed to get one move a bit now I believe by soaking it with PB blaster, but the left side just will not release. I can tell the right moves as when I put the moveable block in the locking position it does not go in till I lift up with the backhoe and you here it slam forward into the lock position.

Any ideas on how to get this backhoe off? Can I take apart the top clamps while the backhoe is still on the tractor and clean out any gunk that might have built up in there? leave one side locked and removed the other? I have loosed the lower bolts without issue but I can seem to get to the upper ones easily. Which block is suppose to move and in which direction?

It seems the guy that had the unit before me left it outside.

Thanks for any help this is getting a bit frustrating as I first attempted to remove the backhoe last fall and never managed to get it off. I like to get the brush hog hooked up so I can clean up my lot more.

/ BX23 back hoe removal #2  
If I understand what you are describing about the blocks, They should both open in a clam-shell type of way. When I remove the backhoe, I pull the retaining clips, and then I have to use a hammer on the lever that opens the top mounts to get them to move open.

/ BX23 back hoe removal #3  
I had the same issue with BX22. The L shaped lever above the rear tire would not move. The lever is just a sleeve that slides over a pin. I cut the sleeve with a grinder with cutoff wheel and purchased a replacement. New part was not very expensive. $20 or $30. Before cutting it off, I tried PB Blaster, heat, pry bars... Once I removed it, it was visibly pitted and the pin and sleeve had corroded together. I don't think any amount of persuasion would have loosened it up. Previous owner never removed the backhoe.

/ BX23 back hoe removal #4  
Part # for the lever is 75598-11610 and 75599-41525 for the retainer clip

/ BX23 back hoe removal
Thanks for par numbers I had already cut those off so I just pull the blocks back by hand right now till I can get new handles. The clamps the blocks slide into are not.opening up to release the back hoe. Those seem to have rusted in a locked position also. I am guessing the guy before me didn't take great care for this tractor.

/ BX23 back hoe removal #6  
There really isn't much on those blocks that can freeze up. They can't be moved until you take pressure off by lifting the tractor with the dipper stick.

/ BX23 back hoe removal
I got one side moving. Seems like it's ready to come off but the other side is still stuck. It's even stuck now partly open so I can't slide the block back in.