bx23 belly mower won't lower

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #1  

sdgross

I have tried every depth setting and it will only go down about 2 inches. That means my grass is 5 inches tall. Please help.

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #2  
Have you checked to make sure your knob is not stripped and rotating on the shaft? The one on my BX2200 did this and I had to replace it and lube the deck height mechanism.

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower
No that not it, I climbed under the tractor and someone else turn it and I could see the cog turn. The lever that is supposed to land on these cogs was not even near the highest which is marked four inches.

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #4  
It is a step cam. You have something jammed in the linkage. Drop the mower deck and look around, pretty simple to figure out once you get under there.

Welcome to TBN :)

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #5  
Agree with rdsaustintx, something is jamming the linkage as these things are really pretty simple systems.

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #6  
The last two posters could be correct, however there is another possibility. Sometimes the hydro fluid has a partial vacuum in the line and it just doesn't have enough pressure to overcome that. Put the wheel on zero, open the valve, put the lower lever down, then go stand on the 3ph lift arms. Mine does this all the time and standing on the lift arms solves the problem.

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #7  
Make sure the other knob for the hydraulic drop speed is not closed all the way. If so the deck will drop so slowly that it might stop if it has any resistance at all.

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #8  
If there is nothing binding up the suspended linkage, then actually, there could be a different issue which is the stop adjustment bolt in the back of the tractor. If the 23 is same as 24, look in the back of tractor next to left tire . There is a sliding bar with slot cutout for bolt. Drop the deck, check to see if the height is held up by the bolt. you may need to readjust that bolt by unscrewing out lefty loosey.

let us know what you find.

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #9  
The deck on my BX25 will not lower. I have ruled out binding by taking the pin out that links the deck to the 3 point arm. This allowed to deck to go down to 3.5 inches as set on the cut height adjustment. So I can mow at that height only and cannot raise or lower the deck.

When I try to turn the implement speed adjustment, the knob spins on the shaft. There is not enough room to put any pliers on the shaft with the knob on it. I want to try to turn it with vice grips if I can. I have had problems before with this knob being very hard to turn. I have had to us pliers on the knob to turn it, but now as I said, the knob just spins and the shaft does not move. Does anyone know how the implement speed adjustment knob can be removed?

Also I am wondering if this binding is because of something to do with the bushing of the shaft sticking or if there could be something to do with the adjusting valve inside the transmission that is binding?

/ bx23 belly mower won't lower #10  
The deck on my BX25 will not lower. I have ruled out binding by taking the pin out that links the deck to the 3 point arm. This allowed to deck to go down to 3.5 inches as set on the cut height adjustment. So I can mow at that height only and cannot raise or lower the deck.

When I try to turn the implement speed adjustment, the knob spins on the shaft. There is not enough room to put any pliers on the shaft with the knob on it. I want to try to turn it with vice grips if I can. I have had problems before with this knob being very hard to turn. I have had to us pliers on the knob to turn it, but now as I said, the knob just spins and the shaft does not move. Does anyone know how the implement speed adjustment knob can be removed?

Also I am wondering if this binding is because of something to do with the bushing of the shaft sticking or if there could be something to do with the adjusting valve inside the transmission that is binding?

I realize this is an older thread but I have several current issues AND a comment on this post #9: Somehow people fail to get the word that the deck has to be in the hydraulic full-up position in order for the deck cutting height knob to operate normally. If the hydraulic is lower, the weight of the deck rests on the height adjustment cam and most people end up wrenching the knob off trying to give it a harder twist and paying the hideous high price for a piece of phenolic.

My main question: What was the outcome on this thread !? I have a current issue where I cannot lower the BX2200 deck and can find nothing wrong, no linkage out of place, no obstructions, hydraulic raising and lower the 3pt completely, etc. I cannot see how to view the cutting height adjustment cam at all. How do you get into see that? BOTH the lowering rate knob and the cutting height knob are frozen and will not turn at all.