BX23 dumb questions

/ BX23 dumb questions #11  
I have had mine up and down the banks of the creek.
It's pretty rough down there. Like everyone has said a little common sense goes a long way. The ground clearance is under the axles so if you drive over a stump or rock it's 6 inches. But if you drive over a log or ridge where both front or rear tires go over it at the same time the clearance is much greater.

/ BX23 dumb questions #12  
I bought my BX 23 in the fall of 2004 and have over 200 hours. I did just add the skid plate because after a day of helping a friend grade his back yard I found mud caked up over the filter. Now, in my own yard I'm more careful of where I'm working. More that 1/2 of my seat time is spent mowing that the BX shines at. Low to the ground is stable. The backhoe will amaze you and mounts to a sub-frame so you're not going to tear up the tractor using it. But the main reason I bought the Kubota over the Deere is the green dealer was too busy with "real" customers to answer my questions. This is not a brand issue, find a dealer you like, trust and go for it. One other note, I did lurk on this board for quite a while before I bought, learned a lot too.

/ BX23 dumb questions #13  
Jon,
I sometimes will switch between the BH and implement a few times during long days of work(play). I can't speak for others, but I can have my BH off and three point on in under 5 minutes. Not the first few times though. Take your time and be safe doing it and in no time you will be able to do it without really thinking about it. They are amazing machines, but can be dangerous if you take them for granted. Alan had some great points about how to get around the clearance issues. That said, I have had mine stuck a few times. if the BH is mounted it's a piece of cake to get unstuck, but if you have an implement on the back you have to use the loader. This can be dangerous, but it will get you out most of the time.
Good luck and be safe.

/ BX23 dumb questions #14  
I used to have a BX23, and I can't think of any additional positive things that haven't already been said by the other posters about this fine machine. However, I can tell you about my personal experience. On my property I have a drainage area that is nothing but at least three feet of soft top soil. Well, I made the mistake of driving my BX with R4's into this area which resulted in the tractor having mud up to the fenders. I tried almost everything, but I was unable to get the tractor out under its own power. But then my brother in-law, who operates heavy equipment, showed me a trick. With a backhoe and front end loader you can actually walk a TLB sideways out of almost anything. Needless to say that clean-up took a long time. However, I never got stuck again and I after that experience I did not have any problems driving the BX anywhere on my property. Hope this helps with your decision.

Jim