Bx23 hydraulic steering failure?

/ Bx23 hydraulic steering failure? #11  
if it's a da cyl, take off a line and steer to pressurize other line.. if you get oil continually coming thru the open port cyl is bypassing.

sounds sweet. will try that tomorrow.

/ Bx23 hydraulic steering failure? #12  
post back what ya find.

/ Bx23 hydraulic steering failure? #13  
post back what ya find.

OK. Job is done. Tested like you said. Disconnected one line, turned wheel towards closed line, fluid came out open line. I replaced the steering cylinder. Do I have to bleed air out from line, or does it eventually bleed itself?

/ Bx23 hydraulic steering failure? #14  
i think i would just have had it reasealed vs repalcing it.. etc.

steering lock to lock will bleed it.. make sure resv is staying full as you bleed.

/ Bx23 hydraulic steering failure? #15  
i think i would just have had it reasealed vs repalcing it.. etc.

steering lock to lock will bleed it.. make sure resv is staying full as you bleed.

Since time was a factor, and I'm not set up to rebuild it, I opted for a new one. The cost to have someone else rebuild just went towards cost of new cylinder. My cousin is going to rebuild [in his spare time] my old one for me to use as a spare. I will let him show me how to do rebuild. I appreciate all the help from this forum!

/ Bx23 hydraulic steering failure? #16  
good that you saved it.

if time is a factor.. no problem with swapping in a good one then rebuilding the old one and keeping on the shelf as a spare. i do that with pto shaft assy's, starters and gennies for my old fords.. always have a few onthe shelf to swap in if needed..