BX23 seems slow and weak

/ BX23 seems slow and weak #11  
Folks,

I've been having the same issue. I noticed it since I just changed the hydraulic fluid and filter 2wks ago (yes, I used SUDT and cleaned the strainer). I also adjusted the 3pt hitch control so that it would return to neutral setting after lifting (it has never worked properly). Now, I may have to turn it back to where it was.

Has anyone "tweaked" the pressure relief valves to goet some more umph? Please post any resolutions to this issue you find. Thanks

/ BX23 seems slow and weak
I checked the 3 pt hitch control lever on the right - it appeared to be in the middle position. I moved it forward and hear it work - moved it up and then it seemed to rest fine in the middle neutral postion. I observed the movement of the bh bucket in the air and it opens out fairly fast - but the scoop back seems a great deal slower. No sure if the direction of slow means anything.

I filled tank with diesel and didn't do any work today. I still thinks it's something else. I have no idea how to put a test quage on or interpret the the guage results.

/ BX23 seems slow and weak #13  
T J CT,

I cut a shim and put it under the pressure relief spring. Raised the pressure to about 100 psi over factory spec. I figured the spring would take another set (get weaker) as time went by and be back to spec before long.

ron

638 - Where is the pressure spring located and has anyone else done this?
Does any fellow TractorByNet viewers have a picture?

/ BX23 seems slow and weak #15  
Its been a while since I adjusted mine, but if I remember correctly, the pressure relief valve is located behind the left rear tire. Specs. call for 1778 to 1849 psi. I went to about 1950 psi. By the way, I used a business card for the shim stock and placed the card shims between the existing shims. They're not going to get out into the system. My pressure guage set up is the same as tummu56's.

ron

/ BX23 seems slow and weak #16  
Tractor_Jim_CT,
Have you solved the problem yet? Inquiring minds want to know:).

Ken

Thanks for asking Ken. I've read some of the replies and I don't think this is something I can handle myself. I thinking of maybe having my Kobota dealer look at it - it puzzles me since they just had the machine 4 months ago.

Looking back to when you first got your BX23, didn't it seem went you moved the controls, the BH zipped around or is it we got good on the bH so it just seems slow? I think it's the first - being it zipped and was faster.

If anyone has pictures of what you need and how you do it - I can give it a try or it's another $300 to Kobota.

/ BX23 seems slow and weak #18  
As I got better at the controls I tended to try to use more functions at a time thus slowing down the individual cylinders. My swing, for instance will still zip around, but not if I am trying to exdtend the dipper and/or boom at the same time.

/ BX23 seems slow and weak #19  
I finally got a chance to take picture of my test gauge i made to check hydraulic presure

100_1159.jpg

100_1161.jpg

100_1160.jpg

100_1158.jpg

100_1157.jpg

100_1156.jpg

100_1155.jpg

its just one female QD one male QD one tee one elbow and a nipple and gauge all high high pressure guage is 5000lb per square inch
Tom

/ BX23 seems slow and weak #20  
I want one!