BX23 Snowblower on a BX24?

/ BX23 Snowblower on a BX24? #1  

kk1w

Tractor
Kubota BX24
I'm in the process of purchasing a used BX24 and will be picking it up Tuesday. I also found a snowblower being sold that fits a BX23 but am not sure it will fit a BX24.

We (snowblower owner and me) checked with two Kubota dealers and got different answers. One said yes, the other said it would require a new drive shaft.

The part numbers on the used snowthrower are:
BX2750 - snowblower
BX2751 - Quick hitch sub frame kit
BX2752 - Mid PTO kit

The one dealer said it would need a drive shaft from a 2750C setup, the dealer I talked with couldn't find anything referring to a C model.

If I bought it and had to purchase a new mid PTO for $600 it wouldn't be much of a deal.

Has anyone out there experience if it will fit or not, or could recommend a front mount snowblower other than the Kubota model?

Thanks,

/ BX23 Snowblower on a BX24? #2  
For a front mount snowblower, Kubota's is about the only good game in town for that tractor. I had understood that the wheelbase between the BX24 / BX23 was different, and that it affected the attachment mounting. I'm sure the front quick hitch would work, but I think the dealer that told you it might need a different driveshaft was correct. That same snowblower would mount on my B2620, but the quick hitch / driveshaft is a bit different.

/ BX23 Snowblower on a BX24? #3  
Okay- my question is what is different about the drive shaft for mid pto between 23 and 24 ?

/ BX23 Snowblower on a BX24? #4  
I've done such a switch, It's almost a do it yourself job, if you find the right steel. Grind the welds out & insert new pipe.

Find a good drive shaft place to replace the tube for a longer one +2". Should cost Around $150.

Hope this helps,
Richard

/ BX23 Snowblower on a BX24?
Thanks for the information and suggestions everyone. I'll try and see if the parts department at my local dealer can come up with a price for just the drive shaft. From what I understand that is the only difference? Depending on those costs (new driveshaft/mod the short one) will determine if the used snowblower is a good deal or if I should continue looking.

If anyone can comment it appears that in order to mount the quick hitch the grill guard has to be removed? Kind of takes the 'quick' out of the quick hitch, doesn't it?

No snow in the forecast for the next 6 months or so, I should have time to review my options.

I pick up the BX24 tomorrow, then the fun begins. Always good to get a new toy!