BX23 - Sophie's choice for the winter

/ BX23 - Sophie's choice for the winter #1  

ArtyB

I have a BX 23 TLB with a 48" Sitrex finish mower. I cannot get everything into my shed for the winter, so have to make a choice. My plan is to leave the loader outside on a blue stone patio, but covered. Anything I should do to it first? Is there much risk to doing this?

Thanks as always - Richard

/ BX23 - Sophie's choice for the winter #2  
I"d leave the car out and put all the tractor stuff inside :) Otherwise, which implement takes the smallest tarp?

All my stuff is parked outside but under an open shed roof. Even so, I spray all the exposed hydraulic rods with LPS3 to keep the moisture off. When I need to use an attachment, I use a lighter lubricant to clean off the LPS3.

I just sort of made that up - what do others do?

Z.

/ BX23 - Sophie's choice for the winter #3  
You won't hurt anything, lots of farmers leave all their equipment out though covered is preferable.

I would use only a breathable tarp or you will get a lot of condensation which won't dry off very quick due to a lack of air flow.

/ BX23 - Sophie's choice for the winter #4  
...will everything fit if you chain mower vertically in FEL bucket?

/ BX23 - Sophie's choice for the winter #5  
Problem with that is most loaders will leak down over a few days. If the shed wall is stout enough, you might use the loader to hang the mower on the wall.

Ian

/ BX23 - Sophie's choice for the winter
The mower's not the problem. I cannot get the entire TLB into the shed due to the length and if I pull in with either the FEL or BH and then detach them, I cannot get in with the other attached.

Didn't anticipate the BX23 when I built the shed...

Richard

/ BX23 - Sophie's choice for the winter #7  
What id you put the BH or FEL on a dolly and wheeled it to the side then drive in??