BX23 will not turn off-Help!

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #1  

teachdocs

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
After a normal working afternoon, returned to the garage and the key will not kill the engine. It continues to run with the key in the off position. I have checked wires, connectors, pulled the seat relay, tried to engage the mower and got off the seat, nothing works!
Any ideas on how to turn it off? It is still running and I don't know what to do.
Thanks
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #2  
Pull the wire connector apart at the fuel pump.

Might not be the best solution, but I know it will work.

It's located in the fuel line under the deck area.

Then disconnect the battery and get better help than mine.

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #3  
I had that problem on my L4200. It was something to do with the fuses. I pulled the fuses and the cleaned the fuse sockets and then it turned of with the key.

Worth a shot.

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #4  
If you leave it in gear it should die after you get off the seat.
Another thing to try is disconnect the battery. Not sure is the alternator will keep it running or not.

Running it out of fuel is the last thing you want to do.

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #5  
You've got a blown fuse. I believe it's the 20amp fuse that also fuses the voltage that goes back to the connector under the seat.

Good luck
Volfandt

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #6  
You can also and maybe the best is to turn the fuel off at the fuel filter.

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #7  
Stall the tractor.

I assume there is a fuel shut off solenoid. You should be able to manually operate to shut off the fuel. Had to do that with my truck once.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #8  
Considering he wrote this post I am fairly certain the engine will not kill if he gets off the seat. I doubt he carrys a laptop on the tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #9  
On the top of my BX2230 on the injection pump there is a solenoid ,I think attached to a spring or lever. If you pull on that and hold for a few seconds it is the stop lever for the pump. If you notice when you turn off the BX tractors you here a click a few seconds after tuning the engine off it is the timed relay turning off. when you turn a BX off it sends power to a timed relay that turns on the solenoid to shut off the engine.....no power no turn off, should of been on a seperate fuse than the same one people are using for the lights and overloading.
David

/ BX23 will not turn off-Help! #10  
Guess you'll just have to work through the night, eh?/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My runs a LONG time on a tank of fuel, so you might get caught up on your tractorin'.

Seriously, hope you can get it off.

ron