BX2350 - extra wire for work light

/ BX2350 - extra wire for work light #1  

nh_bota

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Does anyone know if there is an extra wire/lead for a work light on the new BX tractors? I looked under my seat and couldn't find anything obvious, but haven't checked under the fenders yet. Next step is to call the dealer, but I thought you guys might know. Thanks.

/ BX2350 - extra wire for work light
Does anyone know if there is an extra wire/lead for a work light on the new BX tractors? I looked under my seat and couldn't find anything obvious, but haven't checked under the fenders yet. Next step is to call the dealer, but I thought you guys might know. Thanks.

/ BX2350 - extra wire for work light #3  
Mine was under the seat, coming out of a loom, sort of a corrugated tube, and the ends were wrapped with black tape.

/ BX2350 - extra wire for work light #4  
Mine was under the seat, coming out of a loom, sort of a corrugated tube, and the ends were wrapped with black tape.

/ BX2350 - extra wire for work light #5  
Yea, it's there. It's wrapped in electrical tape to the corrugated wire protector, pretty much dead-center at the upper back end of the tractor, almost under the seat. I used it to wire my lights, and it works great. It has the bullet-style connectors.I couldn't even see mine, just fealt them under the tape.

/ BX2350 - extra wire for work light
So I assume it's not connected to an existing switch? I planned on installing my own switch anyway. Thanks.

/ BX2350 - extra wire for work light #7  
No, not to an existing switch other than the key. It's only powered when the key is on.

I mounted a weatherproof box to the ROPS where the triangle attaches to install a couple lighted rocker switches. From there I used some wire molding on the inside of the rops to get up to the top of the rops where my lights are (2 forward, 2 to the rear)

/ BX2350 - extra wire for work light #8  
Before this turns into a thread about how to mount lights on the ROP. I found a quick easy way to attach your light without welding or drilling into the ROP. I took a clamp from a truck cap and bought a longer bolt. It clamps down great and no worries about the ROP "integrity". See the attached picture.

Attachments

• 905895-light clamp (2).jpg
    905895-light clamp (2).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 230
   / BX2350 - extra wire for work light #9  
another shot of the completed install

Attachments

• 905901-dsc01122 (3).jpg
    905901-dsc01122 (3).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 212
   / BX2350 - extra wire for work light #10  
I can't seem to find the wire under the seat of my BX23. I see the corrugated-wrapped wire, but it only seems to go to the safety switch.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

MILWAUKEE M12 MULTI TOOL (A34011)
MILWAUKEE M12...
Grain Bin (A33041)
Grain Bin (A33041)
2020 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Service Truck (A32932)
2020 Ram 2500 4x4...
BOOM POLE (A34011)
BOOM POLE (A34011)
Stool, Bread Box, Frying Pan (A34007)
Stool, Bread Box...
Vintage wares, Dr Rinehart hog holder, stamp moistener, grinder , Hanson scales, scoop, tongs & m... (A34007)
Vintage wares, Dr...