Oil & Fuel BX2350 losing power

/ BX2350 losing power #1  
Southern Manitoba Canada 1068 meters from the US b
Tractor
Kubota Bx2350
I have a problem with my BX, it loses power for no particular reason, I can be mowing along quite nicely and then it will just bog down almost to the point of stalling and then after a few minutes it will just fire up again. It has to be a fuel problem but I don't know where it would be, both fuel filters have been changed twice within the last two weeks so it's not the filters and when I cut open the filters they were clean so it's not the fuel either. I'm thinking that it might be that crappy little fuel pump that looks like a fuel filter. Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks.

Oh and it's esp. bad going up hill.

/ BX2350 losing power #2  
Pull the fuel line off where it goes into the main injector pump and put the end of this hose in a container. Turn the key to on, do you get good steady fuel flow? If no replace the fuel filter by the fuel pump. Does fuel run freely out of the hose from the tank? If no there is an obstruction in the line from the tank to the filter. Now check your flow. Still no flow, pull the line off before the second filter and check flow there. If there is still no flow I would suspect the small electric pump.

/ BX2350 losing power #3  
Could also be a piece of trash in the fuel tank that with movement blocks the fuel pickup, then may move out of the way temporarily. Also, check the fuel cap to make sure it's venting and not creating a vacuum.

/ BX2350 losing power #4  
David

I have exactly this problem with my BX2200. After it would warm up, especially when cutting grass, it loses power.

I replaced both filters, replaced the fuel, flushed the tank, and replaced the filters again.

I suspected the pump, but I could feel it vibrate (the clack clack clack).

Last night, my son brought it back to the garage while it was running rough and losing power and I disconnected the hose near the injector pump and discovered that, even though the pump was clacking, no fuel was squirting out the 2nd filter. I fiddled around for a few minutes and then the fuel squirted out (its like a heart pump: squirt squirt squirt). I think the pump is basically a piston which cycles back and forth and there is a check valve to direct the flow. My theory is some sort of intermittent problem with the pump, like, perhaps the check valve sticks.

I sent my wife to the dealer to get a replacement. I hope they stock these things.

I will post and let you know if this solves the problem. Please let me know if you solve your problem.

/ BX2350 losing power #5  
I changed the fuel pump and nothing changed. Then I changed all the hoses and nothing changed.

So, Saturday I brought it to the dealer: he said throw out your diesel.

They ran full diagnostics on it, checked the injectors, the whole deal.

Bad fuel (even though I changed it twice).

Go figure.

/ BX2350 losing power #6  
I'm having the same problem(while mowing) with my BX24.
I haven't changed the fuel filters yet, but plan to.

I suspect bad fuel as well.
My last 5 gallon can was from a no-name fuel station that I was not sure of. Should have just gone to my regular local big name(expensive) fuel station.

I live in NY and I was in NJ where fuel is about 30-50 cents cheaper. I had to of course, look for the absolute cheapest fuel.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

/ BX2350 losing power #7  
I try to use fuel from a station that has alot of turn over. This way the fuel is pretty fresh and not sitting in the tanks forever. And if thats not possible then I will go to a brand name station where it is more $$ but probably OK.

/ BX2350 losing power #8  
I use Mr Funnel whenever I fill my tank, helps take out not only contaminants but also moisture. I tested it by putting some water in the gas. It stopped the water from coming through. Only problem is it flows a little slow, so it's hard holding a 5gal can up in the air that long.

/ BX2350 losing power #10  
I believe it's called a " lift pump" ( the little pump that goes clack),,, check to see if there's a screen in the high pressure pump?,,,,