Mowing BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #1  

DonFaulk0517

I have a BX 2350 and originally had Bar type tires. I recently made a deal with my local dealer for Turf tires because I was tearing up my lawn... turf work great! BUT, the actual height of my mower deck (blades) is 1/2" lower than the height adjustment knob indicates. How (or what) can I adjust to make the height adjust dial match actual height of the blade?

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #2  
Move the little arrow sticker! Actually, I'd just compensate for the error. Adjusting that deck can turn into an all day long project!

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #3  
Check your tire pressure.

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #4  
Adjusting that deck can turn into an all day long project!

You got that right. I had to install my 54" deck from my BX1850 on my BX1860 after trade in and I"ve spent probably 3 hours so far (not all at once) fiddling with the deck height/level adjustments and it's still not perfect. It may be good enough though after 3 hours of fiddling. :rolleyes:

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #5  
Move the little arrow sticker! Actually, I'd just compensate for the error. Adjusting that deck can turn into an all day long project!

Agreed, I made the mistake of trying to fine tune my deck and now I think it's more off than when I first got it. :eek: Finally just said heck with it and left it, it works fine but probably not the best cut.

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #6  
How (or what) can I adjust to make the height adjust dial match actual height of the blade?

There are little turnbuckle like mechanisms connected to the top the lift arms. Their primary purpose is to be able to level the two sides of the deck so that left and right are equal height (otherwise successive passes will cut sloped swaths and the grass will have an up/down/up down look). You can try adjusting both of these an equal amount. I don't know if there's enough play in them to add/subtract the difference you're looking for, but this is the mechanism your question addresses. Best of luck.

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #7  
You can only adjust the deck at midnight on a full moon.

You will need basic hand tools, one sack of pixie dust and a goat to sacrifice if the adjustment is successful.

Seriously. You can follow the manual instructions exactly and it won't help. Takes a provocative combination of expletives, magic and trial/error to adjust an MMM.

If you are getting a level cut, the numbers on the knob just don't matter. It's a metric tractor anyway, no reason to go OCD.

Hopes this helps :)

Last edited:
   / BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #8  
I should have added... If you get it to match the height numbers, and get it to cut level, it almost certainly won't lock in the "TOP" position! By then you'll definitely wish you'd left it alone!
Most decks come from the dealers out of adjustment. They can't get them just right either!

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment
You can only adjust the deck at midnight on a full moon.

You will need basic hand tools, one sack of pixie dust and a goat to sacrifice if the adjustment is successful.

Seriously. You can follow the manual instructions exactly and it won't help. Takes a provocative combination of expletives, magic and trial/error to adjust an MMM.

If you are getting a level cut, the numbers on the knob just don't matter. It's a metric tractor anyway, no reason to go OCD.

Hopes this helps :)
Your suggestion sounds the best!... I needed a good laugh.

My dealer has offered for me to come in and meet with the mechanic who sets up the tractors... I hope to meet with him this week or next. I'll let everyone know if there really is a way to do this.

Thanks to all for the comments!

/ BX2350 Mid-Mount Mower Height Adjustment #10  
If you ever decide to "adjust" your MMM, get a large ball peen hammer and begin whacking yourself in the forehead carefully rotating ends every stroke and continue for a minimum of thirty-five minutes or until you lose consciousness. That way, in comparison adjusting your deck won't seem so bad and chances are you will have forgotten all about doing it anyway.