BX2350 trailer tongue weight

/ BX2350 trailer tongue weight #1  

nh_bota

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
I have some house remodeling to do and instead of renting a dumpster, I'm thinking of renting large open trailer (uhaul 6x12) to park next to the window for the demolition debris (instead of walking it to the other end of the house to a dumpster). I'll have quite a bit of debris, so this would be much more efficient. I can then use my truck to haul the trailer to our dump.

Anyway, I don't want to drive my truck on our lawn, so I was thinking about maneuvering the trailer around the house with my BX. What type of tongue weight would max it out? I have the EZ hitch system and I could use a loaded FEL as ballast.

/ BX2350 trailer tongue weight #2  
I don't know what you could actually "get away" with but, if it helps, I have hauled a few ~700# pallets of steel pipe on my cheapo 3PH forks. Full bucket of gravel for ballast, pretty squirrely ride.
Cheers!

/ BX2350 trailer tongue weight #3  
Are you pulling it with the drawbar or a drawbar on the 3 pt lift arms? What is your 3 pt hitch capacity on your 2350? I doubt you'll exceed either the drawbar or 3 pt lift arm capacity with a 6 x 12 trailer. I regularly use my homemade 3 pt hitch to move trailers around the yard. I have a 12K gooseneck that weighs 3900 and a 30' camper that weighs about 5800. Both have between 1500 and 2000 tongue weight.

/ BX2350 trailer tongue weight #4  
The owners manual for my BX2230 has this figure. Check your manual, I suspect this trailer weight info may also be in yours. I would be more concerned about max trailer weight as the BX brakes are not the best. If you have to traverse any grade I would be especially concerned about max weight. so an over weight trailer does not push you around.