Buying Advice BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #11  
The only reason I would have bought a B series over the BX would have been for the use of normal size Cat 1 implements instead of the BX's modified Cat1 requirements.

The new BX's have different hitches then the 2200 and they will take the full cat 1 hitches but still will not take the cat 1-2 hitches.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #12  
The new BX's have different hitches then the 2200 and they will take the full cat 1 hitches but still will not take the cat 1-2 hitches.

The new hitch will lift higher, but not open wider. There are still some very large Cat. 1 implements on which the distance between the pins is simply too wide for them to fit in the BX 3ph. This has been remedied in two primary ways: 1.) Reverse the pins so that they face inward rather than outward. 2.) Use Pat's easy on extenders, or a comparable device.

This is not really an issue in most cases, however, as the Cat. 1 implements that are too big to fit in the BX 3ph also tend simply to be too big to be used on a BX anyway.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #13  
The new hitch will lift higher, but not open wider. There are still some very large Cat. 1 implements on which the distance between the pins is simply too wide for them to fit in the BX 3ph. This has been remedied in two primary ways: 1.) Reverse the pins so that they face inward rather than outward. 2.) Use Pat's easy on extenders, or a comparable device.

This is not really an issue in most cases, however, as the Cat. 1 implements that are too big to fit in the BX 3ph also tend simply to be too big to be used on a BX anyway.

What Tom H said...

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #14  
I have the BX2200. I usually move my Cat1 pins inboard, but I am going to purchase Pat's easy hitch system, as this will effectively lengthen the lower cat arms by about 3 or 4 inches. This will give a little lift height.

I forgot about the ground clearance difference as well. The B has a generous amount of ground clearance. Makes pulling a bottom plow a little nicer, as the BX tends to rub the bottom of the front axle on the furrow if you like to plow deep like I do.

Didn't realize that the BX xx30's had changed the 3pt geometry. Now I will have to get me another one!! :)

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #15  
I've been mowing 5 acres with a BX2360, MMM, and PTO bagger for about 4 months -- it has exceeded all expectations and is almost as much fun to operate as my L5740.

I am very happy with the mowing quality and it never bogs down in high wet grass, just fills up the bags too fast. :thumbsup:

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #16  
Having the L series, you'll want a BX or a dedicated mowing machine. BX's are great mowing machines, and I can't think of a thing you would gain with B- you won't mow any faster, and your L will do other jobs better than a B.

Will

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors
Priced out the F series tractor and ended up buying the BX 2360 today. They are going to order it along with some other stuff. Should be here when ever. They tossed in a orange grill guard, wheel weights and a extra set of blades too!

Getting the G6200 ready for the trade. Putting the belt guards back in place. Might wash it one last time.

This new 2360 is just for mowing and will be kept inside my barn and not used over the winter. The excitment has not set in yet but it will!

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #18  
Congratulations on your purchase, I believe you will really like it, we really do our BX2660.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #19  
BXs are good mowers that will last a lifetime compared to garden tractors, or are very nice TLBs for a home owner. If you have a lot of acres that need bush hogging BXs are too low to the ground and lack power for cutting areas you let overgrow as I do. I have an L series and brush hog for the rough work.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors
BXs are good mowers that will last a lifetime compared to garden tractors, or are very nice TLBs for a home owner. If you have a lot of acres that need bush hogging BXs are too low to the ground and lack power for cutting areas you let overgrow as I do. I have an L series and brush hog for the rough work.

I use my L 3130 for the brush hogging, also have a 72" RFM for it too!