BX2370-1 4WD Won't Stay Engaged

/ BX2370-1 4WD Won't Stay Engaged #1  

gabrooks

Tractor
Kubota 2370-1
Took delivery yesterday, finally! When I put the lever to 4WD, it won't stay and will pop out back into 2WD. I really think it's an adjustment that needs to be made since it will stay in gear until a load is put on the front wheels.

I only have 5.8 hours on the tractor and it had .4 when I took delivery. Yeah, I have been playing today. :D

/ BX2370-1 4WD Won't Stay Engaged #2  
the 4 wd needs to be slide into place. not shoved. if it doesnt slide/engage then tap the hst a little bit to move it forward a hair. sometimes it all you need to do to engage the 4wd to line things up.

/ BX2370-1 4WD Won't Stay Engaged
the 4 wd needs to be slide into place. not shoved. if it doesnt slide/engage then tap the hst a little bit to move it forward a hair. sometimes it all you need to do to engage the 4wd to line things up.

It's easy to engage to 4WD. When under load, it wants to pop out. I don't think it's too much of big deal right now but want to make sure I don't have problems come winter and snow.

/ BX2370-1 4WD Won't Stay Engaged #4  
Seems like the best thing would be to get it fixed by the dealer. I never had that happen to me. Maybe you are right that something needs to be adjusted.

/ BX2370-1 4WD Won't Stay Engaged
An update. I pulled the 'bota into the garage to make sure it wasn't something simple. It was. The 4wd lever has a detent in it and the top part of the lever was too far forward to sit snugly fit the detent in the hole on the lever. Loosened two bolts, aligned and retighened the bolts. All is good now.

Thanks for the help in my thought process.