Bx2380 and leach field

/ Bx2380 and leach field #1  

Rykertest

Tractor
None yet
Hello. I purchased my first new tractor this week, the above mentioned Kubota. I知 building a house and would like to know if my tractor, along with the mowing deck and loader, can safely drive/mow over the new leach field. From what I can see, my combo weighs a little less than 2400 lbs. (I can稚 find exact weight of loader). I know compaction can cause an issue with field performance, so I want to be cautious. Thank you for your assistance.

/ Bx2380 and leach field #2  
Used to make hay with 100 hp tractors on my leach field. Unless the soil is incredibly wet you should have no worries.

/ Bx2380 and leach field #3  
I own a BX2380 with a FEL and MMM. I do mow my leach field and I have not seen any problems. However I do remove the FEL and any 3 pt attachments when I mow. I prefer to keep the tractor as light and small (footprint wise) when mowing. In the spring the ground (not in the leach field area) can be wet and the lighter the machine the better. In addition no FEL or 3 pt attachment allows more maneuverability.

/ Bx2380 and leach field
Thank you both for your replies. Happy new year!

/ Bx2380 and leach field #5  
Used to make hay with 100 hp tractors on my leach field. Unless the soil is incredibly wet you should have no worries.

^^^^correct response.

/ Bx2380 and leach field #6  
I would contact the contractor that built your leach field and ask them about it.

That is who will know for sure if your specific leach field has any vulnerabilities to the weight of your tractor.

/ Bx2380 and leach field #7  
I've seen lots of old ones where it looked like the pipes were 2-3ft deep. New ones I see are about 8 inches deep. I dug up a fern for a neighbor, and the pipe I hit was less than a shovel blade length underground.

Bruce

/ Bx2380 and leach field #8  
That's the key info needed. How deep is it buried? Mine is ~11 feet deep. Find out from your contractor or your county what the requirements and implementation are.

/ Bx2380 and leach field #9  
That's the key info needed. How deep is it buried? Mine is ~11 feet deep. Find out from your contractor or your county what the requirements and implementation are.

11ft. deep?
That is excessively deep for a leach field, unless there is some special terrain or soil criteria.

/ Bx2380 and leach field #10  
Yup, we have a layer of sandstone and depends on how far below surface it is when they set tank and field. You can guess my house is on slight rise above it.

AZ few years ago I was doing a final grading job on a new house, and hit and broke the feed pipe to the septic tank. I think is was < 1 foot deep. The inspector must have been a friend.