BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning......

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #11  
Never see that kind of snow in our neck of the woods but it sure looks like fun tractor work.......thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #12  
That looks like fun but am SO glad I don't have to buy and need to use a snow blower here in NW Arkansas.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #13  
I took a video this morning of the 2750D snowthrower in action. Amazing accessory which has greatly shortened the time spent outside with the walk behind....
Kubota 2750D Snowthrower - YouTube

Thanks for sharing your video. We don't see much snow here, but I grew up in snow country and am just nutty enough to miss it. Particularly if clearing it involves something more than a snow shovel!

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #14  
Nice vid, but you should have been able to handle that in one pass. Get yourself more RPMs. I'm usually full throttle.

I regularly go well over the top of my blower in single pass. The key is modulating the speed. The blower actually works better when it's taking a full bite.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #15  
I've got the tractor, snow blower, loader, rear blade even a heated cab, but no snow. Last year I used less than five gallons of fuel all winter and this year it's about the same. I guess I've got snow envy.:laughing:

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning......
I've got the tractor, snow blower, loader, rear blade even a heated cab, but no snow. Last year I used less than five gallons of fuel all winter and this year it's about the same. I guess I've got snow envy.:laughing:
Last year when I got it, I called it my "no snow insurance policy". We had hardly any at all. Not much this year either until this past one, just light stuff that I take care of with my ManPlow, another great tool. With the success of the BX2750D, I think I may just put the 2763A plow on the block.

Thanks for the other advice. I will run it with a little more throttle.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #18  
Jabroni,

I kept my John Deere GT235 with the front mount snowblower as a backup. I am with you I don't need it anymore with the Kubota and the 2750. Just food for thought if you blow the snow back a little, not 90 degrees to the sides at the mouth of your driveway, you will not need to switch over to a bucket to clear the spoils so you can see to get out with a car.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #19  
Got the same setup as you: BX24, 2750D, Maine also had ~ 24" snow. From your video I have a couple of comments.

First, your throttle is way too low.The 2750 is designed for a mid-PTO speed of 2500, Your owner's manual state this is achieved at 3125 engine RPM. You'll be amazed at the difference in power. In fact, mine never lugs and I take one pass.

From your video it looks like you are in high range. Switch to low and it's easier to get the proper blowing speed.

For me, first pass is a full width pass, in low range, at proper rpm. I go slow since it's usually the tractors first work since starting. So go nice and slow.

For the next and all other passes (in deep snow), I take 1/2-full width passes depending on snow depth, density, etc. at full low-range speed, with blower in float so it scrapes right down to black.

Try it, you''ll like it ;^)

I think that the manual also say to stop the PTO before lifting the blower. I don't but I avoid lifting but barely off the ground to avoid issues with shaft geometry and binding.

Nice BX! Looks just like mine hahaha

Do you reduce engine speed when engaging the PTO ?

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #20  
Do you reduce engine speed when engaging the PTO ?
I always do. I engage at idle then wind it up. Make sure the blower is empty so it doesn't clog under low RPMs.