Dealer BX24: Before delivery, any adjustments I should ask dealer to do?

/ BX24: Before delivery, any adjustments I should ask dealer to do? #1  

Hedgy

Silver Member
Tractor
BX24
... for a BX24 with just the FEL and BH and Turf tires. I'd like to know of any adjustments I should have the dealer do (rather than having to do them myself or call someone out later.)

I'm thinking particularly of stability adjustments (but any other suggestions are welcome).

Does the BX24 have any (rear) wheel spacing adustment? I'm guessing not but couldn't establish for certain. (I do wish Kubota would put their manuals on line for prospective buyers to peruse.)

If not, then some sort of axle extender sounds helpful. Is that something worth doing before delivery? As it would be third-party component it would presumably delay delivery while the dealer got hold of it.

/ BX24: Before delivery, any adjustments I should ask dealer to do? #2  
BX24 has no width adjustments. I think you'll find you don't need to do anything but jump on and Have A Great Time!!! It's a well designed integrated package. You'll like it!

/ BX24: Before delivery, any adjustments I should ask dealer to do? #3  
I'd recommend changing to R4's or Ag tires. I have 1 set of Ag's and 1 set of turfs, each on their own wheels. The turfs have been setting under the house for 6 years. They spin when I'm trying to do ground engagement work and the Ag's do not harm my lawn in any manner. I'd sell my turfs for half price to anyone who is interested.

/ BX24: Before delivery, any adjustments I should ask dealer to do? #4  
Hi Tom,
I like the turfs on my BX24 just fine. I don't have any problem unless the ground's really wet. I have red clay and if you stir around in that when its wet you'll make a real mess. I just stay off until it dries up some. I have a set of Ags for my Cub Cadet. Same width tire as the BX. They tear the yard up pretty good even on the much lighter tractor. I don't mow at all with the Ags. BTW all my rear tires are filled.

/ BX24: Before delivery, any adjustments I should ask dealer to do? #6  
The turfs have been setting under the house for 6 years. They spin when I'm trying to do ground engagement work and the Ag's do not harm my lawn in any manner. I'd sell my turfs for half price to anyone who is interested.
Well dang, only a couple weeks and a few thousand miles too late :D

I've been running R1's (bar tires) since new (2004) and I have the rears loaded. It got to where I'd let the ground dry out an extra day after a good rain inorder to not mark it up with the bars. But when it came to my TLB work, the R1's worked great.
Well, now my BX23 does much more finish mowing than digging and when I saw a set of turfs come up for sale locally a couple weks ago, I decided to give 'em and try and boy oh boy are they much easier on both me and the lawn. The rears are only loaded to approx 50% (the R1's are approx 75%) so they aren't as heavy yet still give good traction and counterbalance for the FEL. Granted I haven't got down digging into the mud with them yet but if they were to be too slippery I can easily change back to the R1's. I've never been one to recommend haveing two sets of wheels but now that I do I'm glad I do.
So, with all that said, you'll get the most comfortable ride w/the turfs and the best traction w/the R1's.
R4's would seem to be a good compromise for all around use but I'd recommend turfs if finish mowing is primary and/or R1's if TLB work is going to be primary.

The BX22/BX23/BX24 are great estate TLB's/MLB's. They're bigger and more powerful than the largest garden tractors yet smaller and lighter than the bigger heavier utility tractors. I'm still finding uses for my machine and my back don't acke no-mo after a long day working the property D
Good luck

/ BX24: Before delivery, any adjustments I should ask dealer to do?
Thanks for your tips. I opted for Turfs, as although I'm not planning on mowing initially, most of the destinations where I will use the tractor involve crossing lawn.