BX24 Brush Forks & Chain Hooks

/ BX24 Brush Forks & Chain Hooks #1  

Dog Lover

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
First project completed. I made the Brush forks to be easy to slide on and fasten to bottom of FEL. Painted them today. Over weekend project no. 2. put chain hooks on bucket.
Here are some pics. Forks came out nice...hope they work as well. Got some big brush to start removing from beds tomorrow to make room for new landscaping. I don't plan for alot of weight on the forks but made them a bit heavier than is really needed but who knows...may want to move a pallet of pavers etc. someday.
Now to have some more fun.....

Attachments

• Brush Forks BX24.jpg
    Brush Forks BX24.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 554
  • Chain Hook Parts.jpg
    Chain Hook Parts.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 531
   / BX24 Brush Forks & Chain Hooks #2  
how about some pic's of the installs or work in-progress

/ BX24 Brush Forks & Chain Hooks #3  
There's a really old thread back in the archives (several years ago) with lots of posts and photos of ways to put hooks on the FEL bucket. Several BX owners stated they had some warpage/bending unless they used weld on hooks with considerable reinforcing bars. I salute your industriousness, but might be worth digging out that old thread before lifting something too heavy and malforming the bucket. Just a thought.

/ BX24 Brush Forks & Chain Hooks
Tom, Thanks for your insight on this.
One thing I will not do is over do it...I am aware of the weight capacity of the FEL and plan to stay well below it when using a chain. I just wanted something to be able to hook a chain to or strap a larger than bucket item to, but not heavier than one should try. I thought about putting a larger longer plate between hooks to avoid what you mention. I know welding will enhance that further. I take them slow and will search for the thread you mention. When I decided on the BX24 over the BX21 or new BX26, I was aware of the weight and power linmitations and was willing to forgive that desire. I take my time and it is the fun of the adventure, not the speed.

If I was making money doing it, no doubt would have a BX26 or L39 or 48, but it is for my residential work. Again thanks for your thoughts.