BX24 Did Just Fine

/ BX24 Did Just Fine #1  

Dog Lover

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Well today I put my 1 month old BX24 thru the paces and it did great. I could not ask more as the tree stump was 17" across at the base. I cut 6 roots with an axe and BX did the rest. Not sure of the weight of the ball, but neighbor and I got a chain hoist block and tackle and got entire tree to top of hole....before thunderstorms and rain hit. Once on top out the moat I dug, got alot of chippping of dirt to lighten the load for my trailer and so I can lift it in and off to dump.

If anyone doubts the power of the BX24, take a look at the pics...don't think you have any more doubts. I am sure happpy with my new tractor/hoe as this is one of the hardest tasks I will put it thru...Don't know if I will tacke the two 3 footers I have in the back yard or not...Maybe if I had some dynamite to help out....:D

Attachments

• IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    418.9 KB · Views: 549
  • Pine Tree 2 - 5-12-07.jpg
    Pine Tree 2 - 5-12-07.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 529
  • Pine Tree 5-12-07.jpg
    Pine Tree 5-12-07.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 512
   / BX24 Did Just Fine #2  
Is that a 71 Satellite / Roadrunner I see in the background behind the lawn tractor?

Oh the stump looks good :D

/ BX24 Did Just Fine #3  
Dog Lover,

If you take a grinder and sharpen the side edges of the back hoe bucket, you will find that it will cut those roots a little bit easier. Grind it from the inside only.

ron

/ BX24 Did Just Fine #4  
Looks good....I am currently working on about my 37th stump removal with my BX24 this weekend....

Good luck and have fun :)

/ BX24 Did Just Fine #5  
Very impressive! Do you have any photos of the tree ball as you moved it?

KC

/ BX24 Did Just Fine
Ron, Thanks for tip on sharpening the bucket...will try that.

Kcook, I will get some pics when I get it out and move it...Ground is soaking wet after storms during night.

/ BX24 Did Just Fine #7  
Boy you know you did something when taking out Pine trees, they have such a large tap root. I too know the power of the little BX's, check out my thread, that I put in the wrong area, about the same time as you were posting this one.

/ BX24 Did Just Fine
Here is the rst of the story. BX did GREAT along with my Chain block and tackle. Filled in behind it as it went up and out to keep it from falling back in the hole.....Got it out of the hole 4 ft deep, now have to chip away at it to get the heavy clay off of it and haul it away. What finally came out.jpgWhere it was.jpgthe Aftermath.jpg

/ BX24 Did Just Fine
Here are the other two pics that did not show upin previous post....

Attachments

• What finally came out.jpg
    What finally came out.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 257
  • Where it was.jpg
    Where it was.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 242
   / BX24 Did Just Fine
Well I finally got to moving the tree ball. I knocked some of the clay off the ball and the tractor did a great job and I got it in the trailer and off to the dump tomorrow. Wasn't sure if the BX FEL would lift it, but no problem. chained it to the bucket and it lifted it right up. I estimate 300+ lbs.

Next step is planting of a 10 ft. Red maple and making the new bed.

Attachments

• going in the Trailer.jpg
    going in the Trailer.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 177
  • IN the FEL.jpg
    IN the FEL.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 184
  • In the Trailer 1.jpg
    In the Trailer 1.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 182