BX24 Finally Has a Proper Roof

/ BX24 Finally Has a Proper Roof #1  

thavil

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
After almost a year of my tractor sitting under a make shift roof and sorta getting wet, I finally purchased a new 12'X24' garage. Now I need a proper ramp (couldn't wait to put it inside, so I used car ramps) and shelving to put inside. The first picture was it's former home. Now I can finally use my BXpanded backhoe dolly the way it was intended and not on plywood on the grass.

Attachments

• 102608_16302.jpg
    102608_16302.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 502
  • 0501091756.jpg
    0501091756.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 550
   / BX24 Finally Has a Proper Roof #2  
congrats on the bx new home. ;) Next you will be adding heat right ?:cool:

/ BX24 Finally Has a Proper Roof
congrats on the bx new home. ;) Next you will be adding heat right ?:cool:

Before next winter, I hope so. I need to run electric and then add lights, plugs and fans. Also need to put in some insulation.

/ BX24 Finally Has a Proper Roof #4  
Tod,

That is awesome! I bet you sleep better at night.
Now when you are not at the meetings, I am going to have to jimmy the door instead of cut your pad lock!!!:D

Dean

Tod,

That is awesome! I bet you sleep better at night.
Now when you are not at the meetings, I am going to have to jimmy the door instead of cut your pad lock!!!:D

Dean

The mean guard dog in the picture will get you if you get near my garage!

/ BX24 Finally Has a Proper Roof #6  
Nice Work!
I will be moving soon, we have an offer on our current home (time to downsize a bit), and I will be giving up my 20 x 40 pole barn. I am curious, is that a prefab garage, or kit?

/ BX24 Finally Has a Proper Roof #7  
It looks lonley in there, but I bet it will get crouded out in about a month!

tom

Nice Work!
I will be moving soon, we have an offer on our current home (time to downsize a bit), and I will be giving up my 20 x 40 pole barn. I am curious, is that a prefab garage, or kit?

Thanks for the compliment but I really didn't do much to get it in place. It's a prefab garage ($4100 with free delivery) that I bought at one of the roadside shed dealers. I think it was made by the amish and they do great work. I cleared the area of any sod and then had 12 tons of 3/4" bluestone delivered and I spread it about 6" deep with my BX. I did have to remove one fence post and 4 boards to get it in my backyard because I only left 11' 9" for my gate and the garage with 12' wide.

It looks lonley in there, but I bet it will get crouded out in about a month!

tom

Not any more Tom!! Most of my yard tools are now hanging on the walls, bought a 5 shelf storage unit, a pegboard with hangers, a 5'X8' rubber mat to go under the tractor and a few implements inside. Once I get a proper ramp, I will put my BH inside also.

/ BX24 Finally Has a Proper Roof #10  
You chose well, all the comforts, none of the hassles! Just means more seat time available for other pursuits.

How thick is the plywood deck? Is it pressure treated? I am looking for a home for baby bota, don't want her in the rain.