BX24 front tire tube size?

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #1  

rnbrn21

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
The previous owner of my tractor had installed tubes in the front tires, probably from getting many flats. So one of the front tires went flat on me a couple of months ago because the valve stem of the tube cracked so I installed a regular valve stem from the outside filled up the tire and plugged a hole in the tire, left the tube in the tire, and was good until now. The tire now has a slow leak and I want to put in a new tube but I'm not sure what size to put in. Does anyone know?

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #2  
I put slime in my front tire...holding up great!

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #3  
I recently put tubes in to fix a slow leak. I don't remember the size. I just called Messick's and he knew the size and shipped them out. Got them the next day.

paul

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #4  
The previous owner of my tractor had installed tubes in the front tires, probably from getting many flats. So one of the front tires went flat on me a couple of months ago because the valve stem of the tube cracked so I installed a regular valve stem from the outside filled up the tire and plugged a hole in the tire, left the tube in the tire, and was good until now. The tire now has a slow leak and I want to put in a new tube but I'm not sure what size to put in. Does anyone know?

Wouldn't that be the same size as the tire? 18/8.50/10

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #5  
I just went and bought new front tires on new rims, and then paid $25 each to have them partially filled with that black goop that fills punctures when you get them. An added advantage is that it adds a bit of weight to the front end. BTW the old tires (from 2009) wrere pretty beat up, so I put tubes in them and kept them as spares.)

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #7  
For my old front tires, I had to have 18/8.5/9 installed because I could not get the larger tube, but the tire store said they would stretch OK.

Looking forward to seeing how the new tires perform with the "slime" in them. Apparently, this stuff contains fibres in it that ooze out into any holes and plug the leak. Great idea, and I suppose that stuff will help seal the rim joint, where these tires have a history of slow leaks on the BX25. (That is why I had to put tubes in the old tires.)

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #8  
Yep...18 x 8.50-10...been there, done that...

Yup again, me too. It is definitely a common issue.

Just look on the sidewall of the tire that needs the tube. Whatever size is on the tire is the tube size.

And, if one side leaks the other won't be far behind. Might as well do them both since you're in the process.

Most of the tubes nowadays are made in China and crack/leak easily. Try to go with a quality tube even if it costs a bit more. Internet research will pay off in the end.

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #9  
Agree on the Slime infused tubes. I get them from TSC or online. Anytime one of my carts , trailers, or tractor has a slow leak, they are my fix and work as advertised (I think - because they stop the leaks.0

/ BX24 front tire tube size? #10  
Not sure how close you are to civilization, but I've found it worth my while to go to an industrial truck tire place when I need work done. They have good quality stuff and have equipment to prep the rim properly. I pull the wheels and take them in, it's not that expensive if you bring them in loose.