bx24 leak at hyd. manifold

/ bx24 leak at hyd. manifold #1  

jondog

Tractor
BX25
Hey,been a long time creeper and found much needed info.After this winter heavy snow fall I parked her in the shop and found a drip,later found to be where the down pressure line goes into the manifold.Got to the 26mm nut and found not enough room to lift it out.Do I need to remove the entire line to replace the O ring?,if so it is way tight to get onto the nut between the loader and frame.Remove the battery?Any help guys...thanks..gotta get her online asap.

Last edited:
   / bx24 leak at hyd. manifold
Hey,been a long time creeper and found much needed info.After this winter heavy snow fall I parked her in the shop and found a drip,later found to be where the down pressure line goes into the manifold.Got to the 26mm nut and found not enough room to lift it out.Do I need to remove the entire line to replace the O ring?,if so it is way tight to get onto the nut between the loader and frame.Remove the battery?Any help guys...thanks..gotta get her online asap.
ok ...more research,cutting a hole in the bottom of the battery box?For an O ring swap,no other takers on this?How about the order numbers for the rings as I will order or pick up before tearing into it

/ bx24 leak at hyd. manifold #3  
ok ...more research,cutting a hole in the bottom of the battery box?For an O ring swap,no other takers on this?How about the order numbers for the rings as I will order or pick up before tearing into it
Sounds like a lot of trouble. Is it a nut ... or bolt head. Was/is it tight. I am not familiar. Do you know theres an oring seal or could it be a copper washer? In any case may be able to stop the seep/leak in place by use of Loctite wicking compound. It will creep into a tight crevice and set up. The leak path is then blocked. You can remove the bolt later if its ever necessary.
larry

/ bx24 leak at hyd. manifold
Thanks for responding Larry, yes it does sound like a lot of work and I did put some Loctite in there and it seem to stop for now however it is a rubber O-ring I would like to repair it properly and I do appreciate your response thank you

/ bx24 leak at hyd. manifold #5  
Thanks for responding Larry, yes it does sound like a lot of work and I did put some Loctite in there and it seem to stop for now however it is a rubber O-ring I would like to repair it properly and I do appreciate your response thank you

Are you positive it just didn't need to be retightened? If it's a bad O-ring I can't see Loctite sealing it.

/ bx24 leak at hyd. manifold #6  
Wicking Loctite would seal the head of the bolt to its seat, effectively forming a seal beyond the oring.