BX24 O-Ring

/ BX24 O-Ring #1  

flstnhd

Tractor
Kubota BX24
I posted this in the Kubota forum but thought this might be a better place.

After moving some rocks and dead trees around this morning, I parked the BX24 to get some lunch. When I returned I had a nice puddle of hyd fluid under the tractor. The leak is coming from a split o-ring on one of the giant bolts on the hyd manifold(?) for the FEL under the battery. ( hope that made some sense ) Does anyone know if these are just o-rings I can get at the hardware store ? The dealership closes at noon on Sat and won't be open til Monday. If so, does anyone know what size ? I can take the one with me and try to match it but if someone knew the correct size it might make it easier.

Thanks for any help. This is a great site ! It's hard to believe how much I've learned here in the last two months.

THANKS !
Rob

/ BX24 O-Ring #2  
Is it a bolt or a plug? Fitting o-rings are not found in your generic kits. They are harder and sized different. But, try anyway as you may find one close enough to work for now.

BTW, Wallace is open tomorrow.

/ BX24 O-Ring
Thanks for the reply. I snapped a couple of pics that may be better than me describing the bolt. I think they are banjo bolts (?) The o-ring was between the bolt head and the hydraulic line thing.

Attachments

• tractor 033 (Small).jpg
    tractor 033 (Small).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 161
  • tractor 034 (Small).jpg
    tractor 034 (Small).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 175
   / BX24 O-Ring #4  
They are called bonded seals. Regular o-rings will not work. They are a washer with an o-ring bonded inside the washer. A copper washer may get you by. Try a good auto store.

You need to remove the banjo bolt and washer and bring it with you to a dealer or a hydraulic shop. Check your yellow pages, some hyd. hose shops offer 7 day service.

Good luck, Andy.

/ BX24 O-Ring
Thanks Andy ! I didn't figure I'd be lucky enough to just get an ordinary o-ring. It looks like an ordinary one though. I loosened the bolt and it came right out since it was pinched and cut in two.

/ BX24 O-Ring
Here is the o-ring that was leaking. It doesn't look like the bonded seal I saw at the Sterling Seal website. Not trying to be difficult but they don't seem to be the same.

Attachments

• tractor 038 (Small).jpg
    tractor 038 (Small).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 139
   / BX24 O-Ring #7  
Nope, you're not being difficult at all. It is what it is. They are using a type of adapted O-ring boss fitting. No big deal. The o-ring next to it doesn't look too healthy either. You might want to pick up a few and keep them in your tool box.

Good luck, Andy.

On second thought, I would check the silver part of your fittings and make sure there is a recess for the o-ring. If not, the o-ring blew out because it is not the right kind. If there's a recess, it's an ORB style o-ring, if no recess, it should be a bonded seal.

/ BX24 O-Ring
Thanks Andy ! Yes, I noticed the other one too. I will be picking up a handful today. I know the bolt has a recess right under the head. Not sure about the other part. I'll check it out.